Download Your Commencement Checklist Here.
Please note that all students will receive THREE tickets for guests! Graduating students do not require a ticket. Tickets may be picked up on May 13 or 14 at Graduate Salute in the cafeteria.
Extra tickets are NOT guaranteed. Please check your emails once day 2 of Graduate Salute is over for announcements about extra ticket distribution information and what may or may not be available.
Tickets are free and sales are not encouraged. Students who need extra tickets are encouraged to speak to other graduating students who do not plan to attend the ceremony to obtain their tickets.
Please email questions about Commencement to the Office of Student Transition Programs at email@example.com
GRADUATION 2014 COUNTDOWN!!
Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2014!
Graduation from John Jay College is a moment of triumph for you, your family and all of us at John Jay College. The faculty and staff are excited to participate in commencement in order to celebrate your accomplishments. We are proud of you all!
Commencement is scheduled for Wednesday, May 28, 2014. Please continue to check this site for important developments.
ORDER YOUR COMMENCEMENT CAP AND GOWN BY MAY 1 TO AVOID RUSH DELIVERY CHARGES
Oak Hall Cap and Gown, Inc. is John Jay College's exclusive regalia vendor. Cap and gown orders will be taken until May 1, 2014 for both students and faculty. Caps and gowns will NOT be available for borrowing, renting or purchasing at the Javits Center on the day of commencement. You MUST have your regalia with you in order to walk across the stage. Please click on the appropriate link below to order.
STUDENT ORDERS ONLY
MARK YOUR CALENDARS - GRADUATE SALUTE IS TUESDAY, MAY 13 AND WEDNESDAY, MAY 14 FROM 11AM TO 7PM IN THE CAFETERIA
Pick up your commencement tickets
Get your yearbook
Honors Students, pick up your honor cords; Veterans, pick up your military cord
Purchase your college ring and graduation announcements
Sign up for your Alumni card and much more
Make sure you bring your ID. If you can't make it, you may send someone else. Click on the check list above left and print out the proxy form.
- The deadline to apply for graduation is FEBRUARY 7, 2014.
- To apply go to JSTOP, click on MY JJC and the APPLY FOR GRADUATION.
- Check your jjay email regularly. All correspondence regarding commencement and graduation will be sent only to your college email. It is your email address even after you graduate. If you need to reset your password, please contact the HelpDesk.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to resolve any grade changes, make up any incompletes, and insure all other entries on your academic record are complete and correct before you graduate. Once your degree is posted, the college cannot make any other changes to your record, so you will need to communicate any updates to the Office of the Registrar before your degree is posted including the declaration of minors.
- Graduation Eligibility and Application
- Graduation Honors and Awards
- Commencement Awards
- Check your jjay email regularly. All correspondence regarding commencement will be sent only to your college email. It is your email address even after you graduate. If you need to reset your password, please contact the HelpDesk.
- PICK UP your TICKETS and YEARBOOK by attending Graduate Salute.
- Tuesday, May 13 and Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- 11am to 7pm in the cafeteria in the New Building
- If you cannot attend Graduate Salute personally, you may send someone in your place. Download the permission letter for your proxy.
- MAKE ARRANGEMENTS if you or your guest(s) require special accessibility assistance and/or seating: Information for Students with Disabilities.
- International Students: Some embassies require a letter on College letterhead that confirms the date and time of commencement ceremony. If you require this document please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the Admissions Office with the following information: country of origin, embassy mailing address, and the names of the guests you are inviting to commencement (3 tickets total).
- LIKE us on Facebook
- Out of State Students:
If you are an out-of-state or online student interested in participating in the Commencement Ceremony, you must contact Ms. Danielle Officer at email@example.com.
- Student Graduation Guide
- Faculty Graduation Guide
- Faculty Robing Info
Times: 10:30 AM or 3:30 PM
Where: Jacob Javits Center North
655 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
There will be two commencement ceremonies – one at 10:30 am and one at 3:30 pm.
- AM Ceremony MORNING CEREMONY BEGINS AT 10:30 AM. Students, please arrive at the Javits Center by 9:00 AM
Click here to see which degrees attend the morning ceremony:
- Correctional Administration
- Correctional Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Management
- Fire and Emergency Service
- Fire Science
- Police Studies
- Protection Management
- Public Administration
- Security Management
- PM Ceremony AFTERNOON CEREMONY BEGINS AT 3:30 PM.
Students, please arrive at the Javits Center by 2:00 PM
Click here to see which degrees attend the afternoon ceremony:
- Computer Information Systems
- Culture and Deviance Studies
- Digital Forensics and Cyber Security
- Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Forensic Psychology
- Forensic Psychology and Law
- Forensic Science
- Gender Studies
- Global History
- International Crime and Justice
- International Criminal Justice
- Judicial Studies
- Humanities and Justice
- Law and Society
- Legal Studies
- Mental Health Counseling
- Political Science
- Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Alumni Relations
- Check here for photos after the ceremonies.
- A recording of the commencement ceremonies will be available on the college's YouTube Channel after the ceremonies.
- Information about the conferral of your degree and the availability of your diploma will be sent to your email from the Registrar.
- Information about the professional photos taken at commencement will be emailed to you directly by GradImages 24-48 hours after commencement.
Tuesday, February 18 - 100 Days to Commencement Celebration, 1:30pm to 3pm OR 5:30pm to 7pm (1st Floor of New Building)
Balfour, Inc. will be in the Kroll Atrium selling rings and graduation announcements on Feb. 4, 5, 6; Mar. 4,5,6; April 1, 2, 3. They will also be in attendance at 100 Days to Commencement on February 18 and Graduate Salute on May 13 and 14.
COMMENCEMENT WEEK - May 12 to 16
Monday, May 12 - New Alumni Celebration, 6pm to 8pm (LOCATION TBA)
Monday, May 12 - Awards Ceremony, 5pm to 7pm (LOCATION TBA)
Tuesday, May 13 - Graduate Salute, 11am to 7pm (Cafeteria) (Pick up your 3 tickets, yearbook, giveaways and more)
Wednesday, May 14 - Graduate Salute, 11am to 7pm (Cafeteria) (Pick up your 3 tickets, yearbook, giveaways and more)
Thursday, May 15 - Decorate your graduation cap, 1pm to 4pm (L2.70.01 in Club Row)
Thursday, May 15 - Senior Cruise, 7pm to 11pm sponsored by Student Council (DATE IS TENTATIVE)