Commencement @ John Jay - 2012-13 Newsletter
Students may purchase their Commencement Regalia (cap and gown) online through Jostens. The order will be delivered to your home.
Please note that simply ordering a cap and gown does not mean that you are eligible to graduate.
Please note that all students will receive THREE tickets for guests!
Please email questions about Graduation 2013 to the Office of Student Transition Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2013!
Graduation from John Jay College is a moment of triumph for you, your family and all of us at John Jay College. The faculty and staff are excited to participate in commencement in order to celebrate your accomplishments. We are proud of you all!
Please mark May 28, 2013 on your calendars and begin making plans for this important milestone.
- The deadline to be able to attend the 2013 commencement ceremony has now passed.
- If you are eligible to graduate, you may still apply for graduation to request your audit and to ensure that your degree is conferred and that you receive your diploma.
- Check your jjay email regularly. All correspondence regarding commencement and graduation will be sent only to your college email. It is your email address even after you graduate. If you need to reset your password, please contact the HelpDesk.
- Graduation Eligibility and Application
- Graduation Honors and Awards
- Commencement Awards
- Check your jjay email regularly. All correspondence regarding commencement will be sent only to your college email. It is your email address even after you graduate. If you need to reset your password, please contact the HelpDesk.
- ORDER your regalia online
- PRE-ORDER your commencement DVD
- PICK UP your TICKETS and YEARBOOK by attending Graduate Salute
- Tuesday, May 14 and Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- 11am to 7pm in the cafeteria in the New Building
- MAKE ARRANGEMENTS if you or your guest(s) require special accessibility assistance and/or seating: Information for Students with Disabilities.
- LIKE us on Facebook
- READ the commencement newsletter
- Out of State Students:
If you are an out-of-state or online student interested in participating in the Graduation Ceremony, you must contact Ms. Danielle Officer at email@example.com by Wednesday, MAY 8, 2013.
- Student Graduation Guide
- Faculty Graduation Guide
- Faculty Robing Info
Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Times: 10:30 AM-1:30 PM or 3:30 PM-6:30 PM
Where: Jacob Javits Center North
655 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
There will be two commencement ceremonies – one at 10:30 am and one at 3:30 pm.
- AM Ceremony MORNING CEREMONY BEGINS AT 10:30 AM. Students, please arrive at the Javits Center by 9:00 AM
Click here to see which degrees attend the morning ceremony:
- Correctional Administration
- Correctional Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Management
- Fire and Emergency Service
- Fire Science
- Police Studies
- Protection Management
- Public Administration
- Security Management
- PM Ceremony AFTERNOON CEREMONY BEGINS AT 3:30 PM.
Students, please arrive at the Javits Center by 2:00 PM
Click here to see which degrees attend the afternoon ceremony:
- Computer Information Systems
- Culture and Deviance Studies
- Digital Forensics and CyberSecurity
- Forensic Psychology
- Forensic Psychology and Law
- Forensic Science
- Gender Studies
- Global History
- International Crime and Justice
- International Criminal Justice
- Judicial Studies
- Humanities and Justice
- Law and Society
- Legal Studies
- Mental Health Counseling
- Political Science
- Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Click here to view the updated Graduation List for May 2013
- All Guests must enter at the 39th or 40th street entrances and MUST HAVE A TICKET.
- Watch Live Stream here (see active link on May 28)
- Etiquette and Decorum
- Student Graduation Guide
- Faculty Graduation Guide
- Alumni Relations
- DVD order form - The commencement DVD will be available in the late summer and mailed directly to the address you indicated in the order form.
- Information about the conferral of your and the avaialability of your diploma will be sent to your jjay email account.
- Information about the professional photos taken at commencement will be emailed to you directly by GradImages within 24-48 hours after commencement.
Last day to order cap and gown. Orders placed after April 22 will incur an additional shipping charge.
Students who need 6 credits or less to graduate must be registered for summer classes and have paid for those classes by this date in order to be able to attend the commencement ceremony.
SENIOR WEEK - May 13 to 16
Monday, May 13 - Awards Ceremony, 5pm to 7pm (L.63)
Tuesday, May 14 - Graduate Salute, 11am to 7pm (Cafeteria) (Pick up your 3 tickets, yearbook, giveaways and more)
Wednesday, May 15 - Graduate Salute, 11am to 7pm (Cafeteria) (Pick up your 3 tickets, yearbook, giveaways and more)
Thursday, May 16 - New Alumni Celebration, 1:40pm to 2:40pm (community hour). More information to come. Contact the Office of Student Transition Programs for more information.
Thursday, May 16 - Senior Cruise, 7pm to 11pm sponsored by Student Council
- NONREFUNDABLE Tickets are $45 each to be sold between April 17 to May 15
- Open only to GRADUATING STUDENTS plus one guest
- Boarding begins at 5:30pm at Pier 81 (Enter through 43rd Street)
- Purchase tickets at the Bursar's Office, Room L2.70.00NB
- Live DJ, Buffet and Cash Bar (State ID required)
- Dress to Impress
- For more information contact JJAYSTUDENTCOUNCIL@GMAIL.COM