Go to the Bookstore online
What’s In Store For You?
Where should we begin? How about, personal assistance with textbook orders, special discounts, a place to relax and socialize, and a great location with convenient hours. It’s all waiting for you at the John Jay College Bookstore.
Fast and Easy Textbook Requests
We work with you to ensure your textbooks are on the shelves before classes start. Each term we’ll send you a Course Book Information Request form. Just fill in the blanks and fax it back to us. You can also submit requests using any of the methods listed below.
But remember to get those requests in early:
We need textbook requests early so we can:
- Research your book’s publisher, ISBN, and availability
- Determine if your book is out-of-stock, out-of-print, or if there’s a new edition
- Locate and purchase used copies on campus and around the country, and/or order new books from the publisher (which may take weeks).
- Save students money! If we know a textbook is being reused next term, we pay students who sell that book back to us 50% of their purchase price. The more books we can buy back, the more we can sell next term at a 25% discount.
Submitting requests is simple and convenient:
- Go online at jjay.bncollege.com and click the Faculty link to begin
- Fax to 212-586-9213
- Call us at 212-265-3619
- Stop by the store and ask for Jo’vi Codrington, our store manager
- Specify a convenient time and we’ll stop by your office
Need help deciding which textbooks to use?
Search the Faculty Center Network (FCN), a FREE database of over 500,000 titles – there’s a link right on our website (jjay.bncollege.com). Browse by subject, author, title, or keywords. You can also see how often a particular book has been used and at what schools.
Take advantage of a 10% discount year-round on all purchases including John Jay apparel and memorabilia, reference books, office supplies, and greeting cards. This discount also applies at the Barnes & Noble Lincoln Center location.
We’re more than just a bookstore, we’re a locale where you can relax and socialize. We host 10 – 15 events yearly including Faculty Appreciation Day, Secretary’s Day, and various marketing events. Festivities include anything from special discounts to entertainment to free giveaways.
Hours of Operation/Location
- Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Hours are extended during our busiest times. Find us right on campus at the Westport Building, 841 10th Avenue – perfect for when you need something at a moment’s notice (office supplies, last minute gifts).
We hope you take advantage of all the great services we offer. We look forward to seeing you soon at the John Jay College Bookstore.