Education and Curriculum
Current College Initiatives
John Jay College (JJC) has a NEW Sustainability/Environmental Minor
• SUS 299 – Introduction to Sustainability Studies
• SUS 300 – Environmental Justice
JJC offers the following Economics courses which contained at least some focus on sustainability or the environment:
• ECO 101- Principles of Economics
• ECO 170- Introduction to the Economics of Crime and Social Problems
• ECO 215- Economics of Regulation and the Law
• ECO 220- Aggregate Economics
• ECO 225- Microeconomics
• ECO 231- Global Economics: development and Crime
• ECO 260-Environmental Economics: Regulation and Policy and
• ECO 360/SOC 360- Corporate and White Collar Crimes
In addition, JJC offers:
• BIO 104- Modern Biology II
• ENV 108- Principles of Environmental Science
• FIS 209- Analysis of Urban Hazardous Materials, Tactics and Strategy
• HIS 224- A History of Crimes in NYC, and
• TOX 313- Toxicology of the Environmental and Industrial Agents.
The goal is to increase the number of courses that include some sustainability content.
The Education/Curriculum issues to be reviewed at the Faculty Senate regularly by core sustainability committee group.