For Suggestions or to Join the JJC Green Effort, Contact:
Chair of Economics Dept.
The Catskill Watershed
Do you know where our water comes from, and what might happen to it?
Ninety percent of the 1.3 billion gallons of water consumed daily by 9 million residents of New York City and suburban communities comes from six reservoirs in the five-county Catskill Mountain/Delaware River Region of New York State. Read More...
50 Things to do to Stop Global Warming
1. Replace a regular incandescent light bulb with a compact fluoresent light bulb
2. Install a programmable thermostat
3. Move your thermostat down 2o in the winter and up 2o in summer
4. Clean or replace filters on your furnace and air conditioner
5. Choose energy efficient appliances when making new purchases
Goldberg, Nikki and David. 1995. Choose to reuse. Woodstock, NY: Ceres Press.
Rayn, John C. and Durning Alan T. January 1997. Stuff: the secret lives of everyday things. Seattle, Washington: Northwest Environment Watch.
The Earthworks Group. 1989. 50 simple things you can do to save the earth. Berkely, CA. Earthworks Press.
Visit our list of GREEN LINKS