Apply as a Public Service Employee
524 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019
Summer Office Hours
Mon: 1PM - 5PM
Tues: 9AM - 5PM
Wed: 9AM - 5PM
Thur: 9AM - 5PM
CLOSED Monday, May 27th & Tuesday, May 28th
*CLOSED Fridays from June 28th to August 9th
To apply to John Jay College, click here
|Questions or comments with respect to the information presented on this webpage should be directed to Christopher Laudando.|
John Jay is a premiere educational institution where criminal justice is taught in all its modern complexities and public service is valued as the noble endeavor that it is. We provide a number of special educational opportunities for members of the New York City Department of Corrections, the New York City Fire Department, and the New York City Police Department.
If you work for any of these departments and are interested in furthering your education, you've come to the right place.
To begin the undergraduate admissions and enrollment process, you are required to do the following: (Please note: if you are interested in pursuing a graduate degree offered at John Jay College, visit here. If you are an FDNY EMS-Emergency Medical Technician or EMS-Paramedic, or a member of any other public service agency, you must apply directly through the City University of New York. Please visit www.cuny.edu/prepare.)
1) Submit the In-Service Form and provide all required information.
2) Request an official Academy Transcript to be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The enrollment process cannot be completed until we receive your official Academy Transcript.
3) Request for all college transcripts from institutions attended to be sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Send all documents to: John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Room L64NB, 524 West 59th Street, New York, NY 10019.
4) You must submit your Immunization Requirements to the Health Office. Please note that NYS Law requires the College to have these records on file or the student cannot register.
(If you are an FDNY applicant, contact the FDNY Health Office 718-999-1919 to obtain these records.)
1) Review the Undergraduate Majors.
2) You will receive an email directing you to the CUNY Portal with instructions on completing the online Direct Admit Application once we receive the In-Service Form and all applicable transcripts. There is a non-refundable CUNY application fee of $70 that you can pay online as you complete the application. (You may also complete the CUNY Online Direct Admit Application in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Please be prepared to pay the application fee by debit, credit card, or by check or money order made payable to The University Application Processing Center. You should bring your official Academy Transcript and all other applicable transcripts when you arrive.)
Once you have completed Parts One and Two, you will receive an Undergraduate Admissions acceptance package.
To help you register successfully, visit the Newly Accepted Transfer Students website.
You may email the Undergraduate Admissions Office if you have any questions. Please indicate in the body of the email which agency you are affiliated with.
Graduates of the New York City Police Academy, New York City Fire Academy or New York City Correction Academy may be exempt from the College's general education requirements provided that they transfer with 28 credits in liberal arts courses from an accredited postsecondary institution. Courses taken at the various academies may not be used towards exemption. Click here for more information.