F-1 International Students

Contact Us

Office of Admissions
524 West 59th Street
Room L.64.00
New York, NY 10019

For questions about
obtaining F-1 status, please contact:
Elaine Thompson, Designated School Official
524 West 59th Street
Room L.64 NB
New York, NY 10019

Applications, Forms & Information

Fall 2014/Spring 2015 I-20 Application

Changing to F-1 Student Status

F-1 Transfer Release Form

F-1 International Student Guide

Optional Practical Training

Curricular Practical Training

John Jay College of Criminal Justice welcomes students from around the world.

We are recognized for offering the very best education for the study of justice, focusing on the themes of fairness, equity and justice under the law as well as emphasizing international perspectives in the areas of law and justice.

John Jay College's Designated School Official (DSO) will contact you after you have been formally admitted to the college. You will receive information on how to obtain a Form I-20 in order to enter (or remain in) the United States as an F-1 student.

For Prospective Undergraduate Students
All undergraduate applications are processed through the City University of New York. Whether you are a freshmen or transfer applicant, you must apply online to John Jay College here.

For Prospective Graduate Students
All graduate applications are processed directly through the Office of Admissions at John Jay College. Specific information for prospective international graduate applicants is available here.

Please view CUNY's International Student Guide. This tutorial contains important information that will help you transition into life as a CUNY student.