How to Apply as a Freshman
Scholarship Opportunities To help you finance your education, John Jay offers many scholarship opportunities More...
Office of Admissions
524 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019
Mon: 9AM - 5PM
Tues: 9AM – 5PM
Wed: 9AM - 5:45PM
Thur: 9AM - 5PM
Fri: 9AM - 3PM
To apply to John Jay College, click here
|Questions or comments with respect to the information presented on this webpage should be directed to Christopher Laudando.|
To be eligible for freshman admission, you must present evidence of having received either a high school diploma from an accredited institution or a New York State equivalency diploma. Learn MORE about eligibility.
And, of course, you must complete the application process. Here are the steps:
2. Visit us. We offer a range of optional admission events, as well as campus tours.
3. Complete your application. View our "Applying to John Jay College of Criminal Justice" guide. Then apply online.
Note: We recommend that you make the baccalaureate (four-year) program your first choice, and the CUNY Justice Academy (two-year) program your second choice. Learn more about enhancing your chances of being accepted.
4. Deadlines for Applying
Fall Applicants - Freshmen and Transfer Students
To be considered for all programs, you can begin to apply after October 15. Applications received after February 1 will be considered based upon space availability.
Spring Applicants - Freshmen and Transfer Students
You can begin to apply after May 15 of the previous year. Applications received after September 15 will be considered depending upon space availability.
5. Have your SAT scores and your high school transcripts sent directly to the University Application Processing Center (UAPC). Our SAT code is 2950. 6. Register on the CUNY Portal 7. Explore your financial aid options
General Admission (Freshmen)
The City University of New York
P.O. Box 350136
Brooklyn, NY 11235-0001
Your free CUNY Portal Account allows you to:
6. Register on the CUNY Portal
7. Explore your financial aid options
. Note that the John Jay code for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is 002693.