Apply as a Home-Schooled Student

Example: "How do I apply as a freshman?"

Scholarship Opportunities To help you finance your education, John Jay offers many scholarship opportunities More...

Scholarship Opportunities

Contact Us!!

Office of Admissions 

524 West 59th Street
Room L.64.00
New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212.JOHNJAY
Fax: 212.237.8777

Office Hours

Mon: 9AM - 5PM
Tues: 9AM – 5PM
Wed: 9AM - 5:45PM
Thur: 9AM - 5PM
Fri: 9AM - 5PM

To apply to John Jay College, click here 

Questions or comments with respect to the information presented on this webpage should be directed to Christopher Laudando.

We welcome home-schooled students.  If you are a New York State resident who has been home-schooled, you must:

  • Submit a transcript outlining all your complete      course work with the grades earned,              
  • If applicable, submit a letter from the   superintendent of your school district confirming that all high school graduation requirements of the district have been met through your home schooling.  If you cannot obtain the letter from the high school district, you must take the General Equivalent Diploma (GED), and send a copy of the score report and diploma.                     
  • If you are an out-of-state resident who has been home-schooled, you are required to submit a state-issued diploma.  If you have not obtained a state-issued diploma, you must take the GED.

    In addition to these materials, you should follow the steps to apply as a freshman.