Questions or comments with respect to the information presented on this webpage should be directed to Paul Wyatt, firstname.lastname@example.org - 212-237-8871
Please follow the procedure below when requesting student participation in any event. This process will assist in a more strategic recruitment of student volunteers.
- The Student Participation Request Form should be completed and submitted to the Office of Student Transition Programs (STP). We understand that there will need to be room for exceptions, however, to allow for aggressive recruitment it is critical to submit the Student Participation Request Form at least one month prior to the event.
- Each VP should identify a Student Participation Liaison who will be responsible for submitting and managing all items related to the request from their end. There is a space on the request form to indicate the liaison.
- The STP will send regular reports to the liaison and copy the VP’s so they can confirm active requests.
- 48 hours prior to the event the liaison and STP will report to the respective VP’s involved in the event to confirm the students participating.
Click here for the Student Participation Request Form - it will be automatically submitted once your click "submit."
- CUNY usually contacts the Division of Student Affairs when there is a CUNY event that requires student participation. However, in the rare case that you are contacted directly by a CUNY staff member, forward the request to STP.
- It is the usual practice for Student Affairs to recruit students for events based on specific requests. Please specify in your requests if you would like you are look for a specific student populations (i.e. student government, student clubs, athletes, etc.).
- Depending on the requests and specific details of the event, we will try our best to prepare the student volunteers.
- Please note that all correspondence to the students regarding your event must come directly from STP. Please do not contact students directly. If a student contacts you about your program, please refer them to STP or forward their email to email@example.com. The purpose of this is to avoid confusion and ensure clear instructions from one person.