Online Career Resources
Center for Career & Professional Development
L72.00 New Building
524 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 237-8754
Fax: (212) 237-8440
Mon. 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Tues. 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Wed. 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Thurs. 9:00AM -5:00PM
Fri. 9:00 AM -5:00PM
Monday through Friday: 1:00PM - 3:00PM
John Jay Careers Online Student & Alumni Log-In
So much helpful career development information is available on the web these days. From online job boards to career-related professional development resources, the web-links below have been culled by our staff to help you in your career exploration and development. Have another helpful resource? Email it to us at email@example.com!
Use this section to "jump" to the section you're interested in!
• Advertising & Marketing
• Business & Finance
• Communications & Journalism
• Community & Public Service
• CUNY / John Jay Jobs
• Criminal Justice
• Disabilities & Careers
• Diversity Resources
• Environmental Careers
• General Job Search
• Federal, State, & Local Government
• Graduate School Research
• International Students & Careers
• Legal Careers
• Public Relations, Media, & Entertainment
• Science & Technology
• Social Change
• Social Sciences
• Writing & Publishing
ADVERTISING & MARKETING
- Advertising Age: Powered by monster.com, a good place to find advertising jobs: Advertising Age.com
- American Association of Advertising Agencies: provides job descriptions, news, and events in the advertising field
- American Advertising Federation, Mosaic Career Fair: Free Career Fair for internships and full-time employment at advertising, marketing, and communications companies
- Advertising Educational Foundation: An education resource in the field of advertising, including advice and career stories
- BizBash: Jobs and information on event planning and event marketing
- Careers in Marketing: Explore jobs in marketing, product management and market research. Scan what insiders are reading including books, articles and links
- HCareers: Is one the largest online database of careers in hospitality. Provides a link between jobseekers and employers
- Hospitality Jobs Online: Browse by position or company
- Multicultural Advertising Internship Program (MAIP): 10-week paid internship for underrepresented minority students
Art & Performing Arts
- Actorsite: Although most of the workshop available posted on this site is based in Los Angles, it provides a vast amount of information about acting and the profession of acting:
- American Alliance of Museums: The Mission of this not-for-profit Association is to represent the museum community, address its needs, and enhance its ability to serve the public
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Work: National membership organization of conservation professionals dedicated to preserving the art and historic artifacts of our cultural heritage for future generations
- Art Job: Jobs available in visual arts
- Art Staffing: Offers staffing, consulting and training programs for museums, non-profit organizations, and art businesses nationwide
- Artist's Health Insurance Resource Center: database of information about health insurance and health care for actors
- ARTSIntern: The Arts Intern program places students from diverse cultural backgrounds who have financial need in paid summer internships with New York City museums. Interns must either be New York City residents, or enrolled in a college or university within the five boroughs of New York City. Interns work alongside museum staff involved in all facets of the institution's fiscal and exhibit activities. Interns have worked in museums such as Bronx Museum of Art, Brooklyn Museum, El Museo Del Barrio, Museum of Modern Art, Museum of the City of New York, and many others.
- Backstage: Acting career news and audition information
- Casting Society: Lots of information on how to get yourself casted or become a casting director.
- College Art Association: National art organization that offers mentorship, fellowships, and career postings for careers in the arts.
- Entertainment Careers: Jobs, internships and career information in the entertainment industry Mandy's Film and TV Production Directory: Listing of job opportunities for actors and those pursuing a career in television production
- New York 411: Listings of producers and production companies.
- New York Foundation for the Arts: Site headlines include jobs in the arts, event listing, and opportunities and services for artists.
- Smithsonian Institution Office of Human Resources: Listing of Smithsonian Institution vacancy announcements.
- New York Women in Film and Television: A nonprofit membership organization, NYWIFT is dedicated to helping women reach the highest level of achievement in television, film, and other moving-image media and promoting equity for women in these industries. It is part of a network of 40 international women in film chapters, representing more than 10,000 members worldwide
- American Alliance of Museums: The Mission of this not-for-profit Association is to represent the museum community, address its needs, and enhance its ability to serve the public. Click on the Job HQ section for listings.
- Museum Employment Resource Center: Site provides museum studies courses and job postings for positions across the country
- US Museum Directory: A comprehensive listing of museums across the country
- Music Jobs: Search engine for jobs in UK, USA and Germany. Performing arts and radio/promotion
- My Music Job: Internships and full-time job positions for the music industry
- Sony Music: For internships, select "Intern" from the "Position Type" menu. There are usually posting for Spring and Fall internships each year.
- Warner Music Group: Scroll down for internships listing and applications requirements
- 24 Seven Talent: Employment agency specializing in fashion. Most jobs in CA and NY.
- All Retail Jobs: This is an excellent site for entry-level jobs all over the United States. You can also minimize your search to meet your criteria.
- Clothing Industry Jobs: Jobs for both design and merchandising.
- Costume Society of America, The: Advances the global understanding of all aspects of dress and appearance. Working to stimulate scholarship and encourage study in the rich and diverse field of costume.
- Coroflot: Jobs for designers including a small listing of fashion design. National and international jobs.
- Creative Hotlist: Large site of design jobs including fashion. (Seems less about deisgn and more about media/communications)
- Fashion Careers: Extensive information about the various positions in the fashion industry
- Fashion Career Center: Jobs in fashion and retail industry, including some design jobs, as well as career advice.
- Fashion Net: Job and internship postings and advice on how to get a job in fashion.
- Style Careers: Free registration is required to view listings, but focuses on all areas of the fashion industry. Positions range from purchasing agent to color specialist.
- Women's Wear Daily: List classified ads in fashion, sales, account executives, and management jobs primarily in New York.
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Career Bank: Career center network for accounting, finance and banking professionals.
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute: Job listings, seminars, and publications.
- Hoover's Industry Zone: Industry information on the for profit sector
- New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA): Great corporate and financial links, seminars, and career resources.
- Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP): Good info on how to get a job in the field of industry research in a competitive corporate environment
- Top Consultant: Global opportunities in consulting
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission: Recruitment center to work for the SEC. http://www.sec.gov/jobs.shtml
- Vault Report: Lists some basic information on industries, top employers, and industry trends
COMMUNICATIONS & JOURNALISM
- Bookwire: links to publishers, articles, and a forum for writers. (this seems more like a list of books by genre rather than a career tool – recommend removing)
- Center for Communication: A non-profit organization in NYC dedicated to educating students about the field of communications through a series of seminars.
- I Want Media: News in media, links to online publications, major newspapers and more
- Mediabistro: Jobs for media professionals, daily newsfeed and freelance marketplace. (need to re-organize) "Media" seems a bit broad
- American Society of Newspaper Editors: Newspaper internship and job listings.
- Journalism Jobs: Lists internships and freelance positions in journalism
- National Association of Black Journalist (NABJ): Online resources for students include NABJ internships, scholarships, student projects, and mentoring.
- Poynteronline: The Poynter Institute is a school for journalists, future journalists, and teachers of journalists. The website is designed to take maximum advantage of emerging media in supporting the journalism community. It features columns by Poynter faculty, staff, and contributors.
- Society of Professional Journalists: A national organization that provides career information and networking in journalism. By becoming a member of the organization you can access their internal job listings
COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC SERVICE
- Americorps: Each year, AmeriCorps offers 75,000 opportunities for adults of all ages and backgrounds to serve through a network of partnerships with local and national nonprofit groups
- Center for Development and Population Activities: CEDPA works hand-in-hand with these women leaders, local partner organizations, and national and international coalitions of organizations to design and implement programs focused on improving the lives of women and girls worldwide
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: The Chronicle of Philanthropy is the newspaper of the nonprofit world. It is the No. 1 news source, in print and online, for charity leaders, fund raisers, grant makers, and other people involved in the philanthropic enterprise
- City Year: A year long program to participate in community service projects.
- Idealist: Over 46,000 nonprofit and community organizations in 165 countries, which you can search or browse by name, location or mission.
- NY Cares: Take advantage of more than 300 hands-on service opportunities each month--a single, one-hour orientation is required.
- NYC Community Service: Here are some of the organizations to contact if you'd like to lend a helping hand.
- Partnership for Public Service: The Partnership works to make the government an employer of choice for talented, dedicated Americans through educational outreach, research, legislative advocacy, and hands-on partnerships with agencies on workforce management issues
- Peace Corps: International volunteer opportunities
- Restless Development: International volunteer positions
- The Free Child Project: Resources for social change by and with young people
- United Way of America: Check out their programs, initiatives, and projects
- Volunteer Match: Dedicated to helping everyone find a great place to volunteer!
CUNY/JOHN JAY JOBS
- CUNY/311 Project: Contact Career Development Services if you are interested in a part-time student position as a 311 Call Center Representative
- CUNY/Poll Worker Initiative: Opportunities for CUNY students to obtain employment as a poll worker with the Board of Elections
- www.cuny.edu: Jobs at all CUNY schools are posted here, including jobs at John Jay!
- www.rfcuny.org: Jobs funded by grants or donations at CUNY are posted through the CUNY Research Foundation.
DISABILITIES & CAREERS
- AAAS: Search the American Association of the Advancement for science internships and fellowships, including Entry Point! Internships for students with Disabilities in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science and others
- Emerging Leaders: A highly competitive program that places college students with disabilities in fulfilling summer internships and provides them with leadership development opportunities
- Getting Hired: GettingHired is a national employment and social networking portal that uniquely connects job seekers with disabilities with employers committed to hiring them
- Job Accommodation Network: A free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the employability of people with disabilities
- Social Security Administration Work Site: Provides a focus within the Social Security Administration on matters affecting the employment of Social Security beneficiaries with disabilities
- United States Office of Personnel Management: This site provides access to information that is relevant to the recruitment, employment, and retention of individuals with disabilities in the Federal Government. This information includes federal and state laws as well as other governmental and non-governmental sites
- US Department of Labor: The Presidential Task Force on Employment of Adults with Disabilities mission is to create a coordinated and aggressive national policy to bring adults with disabilities into gainful employment at a rate that is as close as possible to that of the general adult population
- USA Cares: Career resources for disabled veterans
Diversity Jobs – Search engine with jobs from diversity-friendly employers.
IMDiversity: 'Village' with resources for African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic American, Native Americans, Women, and global minorities
- Diversity Inc: The premier source of original, managerial-level information on the business benefits of diversity.
- Diversity Working: They describe themselves as the largest diversity job board online. Browse opportunities by various racial/ethnic and cultural groups
- Doors of Opportunity: Good resource for summer jobs for minorities.
- HireDiversity.com: Includes job searches; career advice; "Who's Hiring?"; and Headlines.
- Quintessential Careers: Diversity Employment Resources: this section of Quintessential Careers highlights the best career and job sites geared especially for women and minorities.
- Diversity in Law School: A page from the Law School Admissions Council with a focus on racial / ethnic minority applicants to law school.
- Black Planet: Enables members to cultivate meaningful personal and professional relationships, stay informed about the world and gain access to goods and services that allow members to do more in life.
- Black Collegian: The Black Collegian Online provides cutting-edge information on career resources for Black collegians. Job search strategies, graduate school opportunities, blogs reporting on current issues, career and industry reports are abundantly explored.
- Black Enterprise: Career resources for finding jobs in customer service, engineering, financial services, human resources, sales, and marketing
- National Association of Asian American Professionals: a not-for-profit organization where professionals of varying Asian descent work together on professional development, Asian American awareness in corporate America ,and volunteer and charity work within members' communities.
- Asian Life: Professional development news for Asian Americans and a variet of job listings
- Asia Media: Listings for jobs in Asian-friendly organizations
- Asian American/Asian Research Institite: The Institute is a university-wide scholarly research and resource center that focuses on policies and issues that affect Asians and Asian Americans
- National Association of Professional Asian American Women: A professional networking site, geared toward Asian American Women
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender
- Human Rights Campaign: The HRC offers a database of employers and their adherence to equal opportunity policies, diversity programs and partner benefits, including the 2008 Corporate Equality Index report, which provides an in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, consumers and investors.
- Lamda Legal: Lambda Legal is the oldest national organization pursuing high-impact litigation, public education and advocacy on behalf of equality and civil rights for lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and people with HIV.
- Progay Jobs: Job search engine for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender friendly communities.
- OUT for Work: OUT for Work is the only national nonprofit organization dedicated to educating, preparing, and empowering Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) college students, and their allies for the workplace. Out for Work has a LGBTQA Career Resource Library which can be accessed from the following link: http://outforwork.org/resources/career_center/library.asp. The username to this resource is "library" and the password is "cccp2012".
- Out Professionals: Out Professionals is the nation's leading social and business networking organization for gay men and lesbians. The group presents year-round events focused on career, culture, and community, and lets members connect through an active online community.
- Transgender Net: This site focuses on transgender issues, with resources for both employees and employers.
- Transgender Workplace Diversity: This blog written by a transgendered lawyer focuses on transgender issues in the workplace, with resources for both employees and employers.
- LGBT Diversity In Law School: A page from the Law School Admissions Council with a focus on LGBT applicants to law school.
- The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute: Offers Latino undergraduates from across the country an eight-week summer program/internship in the nation's capital with a stipend. The curriculum emphasizes work experience, community service, and learning.
- Hace-USA: The Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement.
- Hispanic Business: Access award-winning editorial, market research, Web exclusive features, and other resources.
- Hispanic Jobs: Bilingual Jobs for English/Spanish-speaking professionals - Opportunities ranging from entry level to executive level nationwide.
- Latpro: LatPro is the largest Hispanic & bilingual jobs and diversity career board in the Americas
- Saludos: Opening the doors of opportunity for the Hispanic community since 1967, Saludos Hispanos has been providing career information for jobs and employment by promoting equal opportunity on the pages of its bilingual magazine for over 30 years.
- Academic360.com: A meta-collection of Internet resources for the academic job hunter. Search for academic and administrative positions by function, discipline and location.
- American Classical League: The site features teaching jobs, resources, and scholarships.
- Capital Region Application System: Matches jobs candidates and school districts in the Capital region of New York. Registration required.
- Chronicle of Higher Education: Top news and job listings for students interested in working in academe.
- Education America: Thousands of teaching and education job opportunities from public and private schools from across the United States.
- Higher Education Jobs: Job resource for those interested in teaching, coaching, administrative and other higher education positions.
- The Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)has various local branch websites all of which offer great resources to job hunters in higher education. Here are a few links, but do a web search if we don't have a link to a location you're interested in: New Jersey, Northern California, Metro New York and Southern Connecticut, Southern California, New England.
- Independent School Placement: Independent school jobs in the NYC area.
- National Association of Independent Schools: Articles, news, and career center for students interested working for private or independent schools
- National Association of Special Education Teachers: Information on available teaching positions.
- Teach for America: A program that recruits and train recent college graduates to work in urban and rural school districts
- CERES: Locating environmentally conscious small businesses.
- EcoEmploy: A national job search for environment jobs
- Environmental Career Opportunities: Environmental job listings, free email alerts, and biweekly newsletter by subscription.
- Environmental Protection Agency: Environmental Protection Agency Summer Student Employment Opportunities Website.
- The Foundation Center: A philanthropy site with many links to grants and funding sources.
- Greenbiz: Far-reaching expert site with job listings
- PETA: Information on and links to companies that do and don't test on animals.
- River Project: Works to restore native ecosystem within and along the Hudson River.
- Student Conservation Association, Inc. (SCA): Internships and jobs related to protecting and preserving the environment.
- Sustainable Business/Green Dream Job: Search for business jobs, environmental jobs and internships, and environmentally responsible employers.
GENERAL JOB SEARCH
- Alljobsearch.com: Will search multiple job listing sites at one time.
- America's Career Infonet: User friendly site with info on wages, trends, employment outlook, state profile information, and lots of resources
- America's Job Bank: Over 1,000,000 job listings, but registration is required
- Campus Career Center: Guidance for college grads.
- Career Builder: One of the most frequently used sites, other features include company information.
- College Grad Hunter: Listings targeting college grads.
- Career Rocketeer: An aggregate of career blogs
- Coolworks: Jobs in national parks and resorts.
- Direct Employers: National employment network of job listings. Searches can be made by keywords, city, or state.
- Employment Line: Recruiting permanent, temporary and temp-to-hire grads and undergrads.
- Futurestep: An executive recruiting firm – a good site for alumnae.
- Millenium Change Corporation: offers an internship program for undergraduate and graduate-level students interested in international development.
- MediaBistro: Jobs for media professionals.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Access to lots of employment information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- O'Dwyer: Information on careers in Public Affairs, Public Relations, Communications, Media, and related fields. You can get some useful information here without paying for their service.
- Sustainable Business: Business jobs, environmental jobs, environmentally responsible employers.
- http://www.socialservice.com: The Social Service Job Site
FEDERAL, STATE, & LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- Avue Central: Lists federal jobs across the country
- Best Places to Work in Work in the Federal Government: Find out what federal employees think are the best federal workplaces overall, and the best organizations for effective leadership, teamwork, training and development, work-life balance, and more.
- Central Intelligence Agency: Database of jobs available at the CIA. Listings can be navigated by career path.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): Current listing of employment opportunities
- Federal Service at John Jay College: A Facebook group page and online forum for students interested in careers within the federal government
- Go Government: Resources for locating and applying for federal jobs and internships
- Partnership for Public Service: Provides information about federal jobs and internships.
- Politemps: Legislative, government and political staffing service for the DC area.
- Secret Service: Listing of current employment opportunities
- US Marshals Service: Information about deputy and administrative positions. Career Development Services can help you if you are interested in being recruited
- USAJobs.gov: USAJobs is the federal government's main website for job postings. Jobseekers can search through all currently available positions by salary, location, key words and job type
- The Washington Center: Focuses on finding a broad array of quality internship experiences in Washington, D.C and abroad.
GRADUATE SCHOOL RESEARCH
- GradSchools.com: A directory of schools.
- Peterson's Guide: An education supersite, info on graduate programs and more.
- U.S. World & News Report: Grad school ratings.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS & CAREERS
- www.myvisajobs.com: This site is the largest employment website for foreign students. Founded by a group of international students, this website profiles and categorizes all employers who have sponsored H-1B visas.
- www.h1visajobs.com: This site has databases of employers that sponsor visas. It requires a paid subscription, but has very good information.
- www.uniworldbp.com/search.php: This site is a directory containing American companies that have substantial investment in overseas operations.
- FLC Data Center: From this website, one can download MS Access databases that include data from companies in the U.S. that filed for H1-B visas. These databases have an enormous amount of data in them, so they take some sifting to go through. One can sort by location, employer, etc.
- www.h1bwage.com: Search this website for companies by year, company, geographic region and more! This database lists the company, job, and starting salary.
CUNY Passport Career job search engine
INTERNSHIPSAAAS: Search the American Association of the Advancement for science internships and fellowships, including Entry Point! Internships for students with Disabilities in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science and others.
- American Council for Voluntary InterAction: The U.S.'s leading advocate for humanitarian assistance for the world's poor. Seach for multiple internships.
- Jobwich: Internship and Job search for various fields, including retail, marketing and PR, fashion, business, and nonprofit.
- College RecruiterInternships for College Students and Entry Level Jobs for Recent Grads.
- DC Internships: As the name implies, internships in DC.
- Environmental Careers Organization: Provides information on paid internships throughout the U.S.
- Idealist: Directory of non-profit internships.
- InternJobs: is a global database of internships and entry-level positions for students, recent graduates and career changers.
- Intern Zoo: Search open internships and find tips on cover letters, resume writing and more.
- Internship Programs: Search from over 2600 programs and 200,000 positions.
- NYC Summer Internship Program: The City of New York offers many of internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Research Experience for Undergrads (REU) Program: Funding provided by the National Science Foundation.
- Smart Intern: Various internships in all fields in China.
- Shoals Marine Laboratory: Internships that provide experience and training in field and laboratory research in marine biology; interns will have the opportunity to develop a research question, design testable hypotheses, learn and apply appropriate field and laboratory methods, analyze and interpret data.
- American Theatre Wing: A structured summer internship for students interested in the theatre industry
- TV Jobs: Internships with networks and television stations.
- Union Summer: Information about union/labor positions for summer.
- United Nations Internship Program: A two-month internship for currently enrolled graduate students
- ACLU: The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) endeavors to preserve First Amendment rights, equal protection under the law, right to due process, and right to privacy.
- Lambda Legal: Lambda Legal pursues high-impact litigation, public education and advocacy on behalf of equality and civil rights for the LGBT community, as well as those living with HIV.
- New York State Department of Civil Service: A great listing of internships in New York State government. Opportunities are divided by location
- The New York County District Attorney's Office: The D.A.'s office has the responsibility and authority to investigate and prosecute crimes in the borough of Manhattan.
- The New York Patent Law Association: Serves as a vehicle to promote the development and administration of intellectual property interests.
- The Vera Institute of Justice: The Vera Institute of Justice works closely with leaders in government and civil society to improve the services people rely on for safety and justice by developing innovative, affordable assistance to government officials in New York and around the world.
- American Council for Voluntary International Action: A coalition of over 150 non-profits that have banded together to provide humanitarian assistance for the world's poor.
- Center for Communication: A non-profit organization in NYC dedicated to educating students about the field of communications. There is a listing of job tips for careers in film/tv, radio, graphic design, fashion, music, journalism, advertising, pr/marketing, and other communication fields.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: The Chronicle of Philanthropy is the newspaper of the nonprofit world. It is the No. 1 news source, in print and online, for charity leaders, fund raisers, grant makers, and other people involved in the philanthropic enterprise. Check out the Jobs section for a comprehensive job search engine.
- City Limits: A great site with non-profit jobs, informative news stories, and current events.
- Guidestar: This organization gathers and publicizes information about non profits. A good resource for students learning about different companies.
- Idealist: A network of over 20,000 non-profits in over 140 countries.
- Jewish Association for Services for the Aged (JASA): Non-profit organization serving the elderly in New York City
- National Council of Nonprofit Associations: One of the largest nonprofit networks, which offers a service to post your resume
- Nonprofit Times: The leading business publication for non-profit management, which includes job listings
- Professionals for Non-profits: A temporary/placement agency, located in NYC specializing in non-profits
- Young Nonprofit Professionals' Network: A resource that supports young people who are interested in a non-profit career opportunities
PUBLIC RELATIONS, MEDIA, & ENTERTAINMENT
- MediaBistro: is an ideal environment for anyone seeking resources, job opportunities, projects, news, opportunities to improve their career skills, showcase their work and explore his/her creativity. That includes editors, writers, producers, graphic designers, book publishers, and people interested in industries such as magazines, television, film, radio, newspapers, book publishing, online media, advertising, PR, and design
- O'Dwyer.com: Information on careers in Public Affairs, Public Relations,Communications, Media, and related fields. You can get some useful information here without paying for their service.
- PR Week: Stay up-to-date on industry trends. Also has job listings and industry directories.
- Public Relations Society of America: A community derived of every practice within the public relation and communication fields, from recent college graduates to the leaders of the world's largest multinational firms
- MTV Networks Internships: A variety of opportunities for Juniors and Seniors to explore the world of television through one of MTV's many networks
- NBC Page Program: A paid job that trains you for entry level positions in media and the entertainment industry
- Showbiz Jobs: A comprehensive listing of advertising, entertainment industry, production, and theme park jobs
- Warner Brothers Careers: A variety of listings at Warner Brothers, including internship/trainee positions
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- American Institute of Biological Sciences: A good overview for students majoring in Forensic Science, who may also be interested in a career in biology.
- American Chemical Society: Career information for students interested in chemistry
- Association of Women in Science (AWIS): General information for women interested in the sciences. There is also a search function for job openings and applicants can post their resume.
- Careers in Science and Engineering: This is a link to a free preview of a publications for learning about science and engineering professions
- Mathematical Association of America: Students majoring in Economics may be interested in a career in mathematics. This site gives information about the field and resources on finding a job
- ChemJobs: Site has listing of chemistry, pharmaceutical, and biotech jobs. The classifieds and careers site of Chemical & Engineering News offers tools, resources, and expert career advice to help new and experienced chemists reach their professional goals.
- City of New York Information Technology Jobs: A comprehensive listing of IT jobs and internships in NYC
- Information Technology Association of America: Broad information on the technology industry, including news headlines and conference information
- Journal of Young Investigators, The (JYI): A comprehensive listing of graduate school information for the sciences, summer internships and research opportunities
- Medzilla: Post your resume online for jobs in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, healthcare, and sciences.
- National Science Foundation Student Appointment: Full-time appointments for students interested in careers offered at NSF
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Internship Program: Provides opportunities for qualified undergraduate and first year graduate students to receive hands-on experience in a real-world setting that prepares them to become part of tomorrow's workforce in engineering, computer science, health physics, meteorology, chemistry, physics, biological sciences, environmental sciences, emergency management, public health, epidemiology, accounting, finance, audit, communications, graphic design, human resources, and instructional technology.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU): REU program supports active research participation by undergraduates students in any of the areas of research funded by the National Science Foundation. REU projects invlove students in meaniningful ways in ongoing research programs.
- ScienceJobs: Job postings from top scientific companies and academic institutions.
- STEM Career: Broad information on careers in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics fields
- Student Conservation Association: The Student Conservation Association (SCA) is America's conservation corps. SCA's members protect and restore national parks, marine sanctuaries, cultural landmarks and community green spaces in all 50 states. SCA lists expense-paid internships on its website.
- ASIS International: A global community of more than 38,000 security practitioners, each of whom has a role in the protection of assets - people, property, and/or information.
- Businesses for Social Responsibility: membership organization for companies exploring socially responsible practices, from the genuinely advanced to those seeking market advantage. Task forces and publications on various industries and their standards and dilemmas.
- Campus Progress: Internships in public policy, human rights, politics, journalism, government, peace and justice, environment.
- Council on Foreign Relations: An internship program for undergraduate and graduate students interested in a career in international relations or foreign policy.
- Foundation for Sustainable Development: FSD Provides volunteer opportunities and internships for students to work with local communities to develop economic, social and educational systems in nine countries
- Go Government: Resources for locating and applying for federal jobs and internships
- Social Venture Network: Social Venture Network (SVN) transforms the way the world does business by connecting, leveraging and promoting a global community of leaders for a more just and sustainable economy
- Yes!: An organization focused on youth making social change.
- UNICEF: Listings of international jobs, internships, and volunteer experiences that promote the success of children around the world
- American Counseling Association (ACA): Information for new professionals interested in the counseling professions.
- American Psychological Association (APA): Information about careers in Psychology.
- American Sociological Association (ASA): Ideas for what you can do with a degree in sociology, student membership, and job listings.
- Devereux Institute of Clinical Training & ResearchThe full-time, 12-month Professional Psychology Traineeship is an experiential learning program for recent college graduates who are considering graduate study in psychology or a related behavioral healthcare field.
- Social Work Career Center: Resources for exploring and finding jobs in the Social Work field.
- Social Science Research Council: Full-time jobs and internships for students interested in social science research. Topics have included: American human development, digital media and learning, international migration, media reform, the privatization of risk, religion and international affairs, and the challenges posed by HIV/AIDS in Russia, Africa and around the world.
WRITING & PUBLISHING
- Bookjobs: information on publishing and job search tools
- Children's Book Council: A comprehensive overview of the children's literature publishing field. Career resources are also available
- Ed2010: A group for young magazine editors compile resources in order to move up in the publishing world
- The Association of Magazine Media: magazine publishing community
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc: This large publisher offers a structured 10-week summer internship for students usually between their junior and senior years.
- Pearson: A 10-week paid summer internship, offering a look into the publishing world. Students can intern in the editorial, marketing, production, or sales departments.
- Poets & Writers: information, support, and guidance for creative writers
- Sterling Publishing: A publishing company associated with Barnes and Noble, Sterling offers internships for the fall and spring. Make sure to apply early!
- Xlibris: offers services such as publishing, copyediting, and marketing.
- Yale University Press: Offers 11-week paid summer internships in a variety of marketing, editorial, sales, and publishing departments.