Professionals In Residence
Center for Career & Professional Development
L72.00 New Building
524 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 237-8754
Fax: (212) 237-8440
Mon. 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Tues. 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Weds. 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Thurs. 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Fri. 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Mon. - Fri.: 1:00PM - 5:00PM
John Jay Careers Online Student & Alumni Log-In
The Professionals In Residence series is an initiative of the John Jay College Center for Career & Professional Development to provide opportunities for career exploration, networking, and mentorship to students and alumni. Since debuting in 2012, the Center has brought senior industry leaders to John Jay College to offer advice and guidance as students develop the “soft skills” of networking and interviewing and make informed, thoughtful career decisions.
Professionals In Residence events are followed by an opportunity for students and professionals to engage in one-on-one mentoring and networking. All students and alumni should RSVP on John Jay Careers Online to attend!
Upcoming Professionals In Residence Events:
JOHNNY MARINES, Entertainment Manager
“A CAREER IN ENTERTAINMENT & MANAGEMENT ”
THURSDAY, APRIL 4, 2013, 10:00AM - 1:00PM, L72.00 New Building
Johnny Marines has been a monumental force in the meteoric rise to stardom for the Latin American group Aventura and more recently, Bachata sensation and international star, Romeo Santos, who brought Johnny on board as his manager. Largely due to Johnny’s efforts, Aventura has amassed a Latin Grammy nomination in 2007 for the album K.O.B. Live, over 25 Premio Lo Nuestro Awards, over 20 Latin Billboard Music Awards, over 15 Premio Juventud Awards, and most recently an MTV VMA for Latin Artist of the Year.
ALAN I. BLASS, Director, Fuoco Fraud and Forensics
“A CAREER IN FORENSIC ACCOUNTING”
MONDAY, APRIL 8, 2013; 9:30AM - 4:30PM, L72.00 New Building
Alan I. Blass has over 30 years of experience in the field of Forensic Accounting. Mr. Blass has served as Deputy Chief Investigative Auditor of the New York City Department of Investigation, coordinating criminal investigations, involving corrupt politicians, employees and contractors. Alan was the lead auditor to the cost relating to the World Trade Center clean up. Mr. Blass has also performed complex corporate and governmental financial investigations, involving a myriad of industries and businesses. He currently serves as President of the New York City Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Past Professionals In Residence Include:
- Rossana Rosado, Publisher and CEO, El Diario La Prensa. “El Liderazgo De Latinas: A Career in Journalism and Public Service.”
- Ron Moelis, Chief Executive Officer of L+M Development Partners Inc. “A Career In Law, Real Estate, & Public Service.”
- Gregg Walker, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, Sony Corporation of America. “Life Synergies: Community Service & Private Business”
- James G. Sheehan, Executive Deputy Commissioner & Chief Integrity Officer, NYC Human Resources Administration. “Careers in Data Mining & Analytics” & “My Life As An Inspector General”
- Patricia H. H. Guy, Diplomat-In-Residence, United States Department of State. “Practicing Public Diplomacy”
- Patrick Kelly, Senior Official for Privacy at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Health and Human Services. “Strategies for Success in Building your Federal Government Career”
- Paul Viollis ’83, CEO of Risk Control Strategies, Inc. “Careers in Corporate Security” & “Understanding Employer Background Checks”
For more information about the Professionals In Residence series, please contact Will Simpkins, Director of the Center for Career & Professional Development, at (212) 237-8754.