Assessment at John Jay College
John Jay College makes a commitment in the Master Plan and Vision Statement to an institutional culture of assessment. To promote an awareness of assessment this website features examples of
- assessment plans and reports from both academic departments and administrative units
- guidelines for assessment from the College-Wide Assessment Committee
- student learning goals for academic programs
- institutional assessments such as the Master Plan Report Card
- occasional reports on best practices in assessment
- links to other assessment resources.
Office of Outcomes Assessment
The Office of Outcomes Assessment, led by the Director of Outcomes Assessment, coordinates the comprehensive development of learning and other institutional performance goals. The Office supports academic departments and administrative units with the development of assessment plans, reports, and instruments, and with the interpretation of data to inform strategic initiatives for program improvement and institutional effectiveness. In addition, the Office of Outcomes Assessment maintains the assessment website.
Office of Outcomes Assessment is located in the BMW Building, 555 West 57th St., Sixth Floor. Phone: 646-557-4602
Director of Outcomes Assessment: Dr. Virginia Moreno