Office of Student Transition Programs
New Building Room L2.70.01
Visit Student Affairs Facebook page to view photos.
The Division of Student Affairs is excited to announce the launch of a new faculty-student engagement program sponsored by the Office of the Vice President. The Division of Student Affairs is dedicated to supporting the mission of the College and academic success of our students. Research indicates that engagement with faculty, outside the classroom, is a strong and positive contributor to retention. These interactions, when intentional and purposeful, help to strengthen students’ relationship to the College. With this spirit, we are initiating four funds for the upcoming academic year:
- The Faculty-Student Engagement Fund
- The Faculty-Student Lunch Program
- Departmental Engagement Funds (for Weeks of Welcome)
- The New York Philharmonic Concert Series
This initiative is paid for through your Student Activity Fee and with support from the Office of Student Life.
This fund will reimburse faculty members who host students at activities and events outside of the classroom. All members of the faculty, full time or adjunct, may be reimbursed for up to $250 per semester. To utilize the fund, please submit a completed request form prior to the event, and submit original receipts upon completion to Christie Graziano in the Student Transition Programs Office. There is a limit of ONE fund per faculty member, per semester. For a list of suggested activities, please click here.
Faculty members who wish to take their students to lunch at the Faculty Dining Room may do so by utilizing a “Dine with Your Professor Coupon.” The Faculty & Staff Dining Room is open between the hours of 11:00pm-3:00pm and is located in room 2.61 of the New Building. In order to participate, faculty should submit a “Dine with Your Professor Request Form”. Once approved, you will receive an email confirming your reservation date and time, along with a printable voucher valid for you and your students. Faculty should present the voucher to the attendant at the Faculty Student Dining Room on the day of your reservation. There is a limit of 10 students per visit, per semester.
Six funds at $250 each will be available to Academic Departments who wish to organize and host an activity during Weeks of Welcome which is sponsored by the Office of Student Transition Programs. In the fall semester, WOW events take place during the whole month of September and in the spring semester, during the first week of classes. To utilize the fund, please submit a proposal detailing the date, time, and activity to Christie Graziano at email@example.com. For a list of suggested activities we have hosted in past years, please click here.
- A faculty member may apply for one fund per semester (you cannot apply for all 3).
- At this time, faculty cannot be advanced funds for activities. Therefore:
- Approved activities will be reimbursed with original receipts (for the Faculty –Student Engagement Fund and Weeks of Welcome Activities).
- Arrangements will be made in advance for the Faculty- Student Lunch Program (Dine with a Professor) so there is no requirement for funds to be laid out, or reimbursed.
- Applications and reimbursements must be submitted within the same semester as the activity.