Student Travel

Contact Us

Business Office of Student Activities Association, Inc. & Children Center, Inc.      

524 West 59th Street, L2.71.05New York, NY 10019 Office: 212.393.6474       Fax: 212.237-8491

What is the Student Travel Program?

The Student Travel Program provides students and student groups with funding to travel to conferences to enhance their professional and academic development. In addition, students can request funds for a John Jay College and/or City University of New York Study Abroad Program. The maximum contribution for an individual application is $1,500. The maximum contribution for a group application (4 or more students) is $5,000.

Learn about the history of the Student Travel Program.

What is the Student Travel Committee (STC)?

The Student Travel Committee (STC) is comprised of students, faculty, and staff who review student applications. The STC members can approve the full-proposed amount, partial amount, or deny the entire application request of all applicants. The committee jurisdiction of approval only includes transportation, lodging, and registration fees. Per diem for food is not compensated.

How do I know if I’m eligible to receive funding from the Student Travel Committee?

Undergraduate students with at least a 2.5 GPA who have completed at least 30 credits are eligible. Graduate students with at least a 3.0 GPA who have completed at least 12 credits are eligible. Transfer students in their first semester must submit an official transcript from their previous institution.

Conference List

Coming soon 

 Follow The Move...