If you would like to contact the Office of the President, please call 212.237.8600
"Restoring College Education to the Nation's Prisons"
– President Travis' Keynote Speech at the Conference on Education for All: Improving Educational Access in Correctional Facilities and Beyond by the Department of Education and the Ford Foundation on April 29, 2013.
"Remarks of President Jeremy Travis on Receipt of the Maud Booth Correctional Services Award"
– Presented by the Volunteers Of America at the American Correctional Association’s Annual Congress of Correction on July 23, 2012 in Denver, Colorado.
“Understanding the Public Health Challenges in the Era of Mass Incarceration”
– President Travis' Keynote Speech at the Fifth Annual Academic and Health policy Conference on Correctional Health on March 22, 2012 in Atlanta, GA.
"Summoning the Superheroes: Harnessing Science and Passion to Create A More Effective and Humane Response to Crime"
-President Travis' Keynote Address on The Future of Crime Policy (The National Press Club on October 11, 2011).
To view a video of the speech, click here for the Sentencing Project's website and click Keynote.
“Rethinking Prison Education in the Era of Mass Incarceration”
– President Travis' Speech on Rethinking Prison Education (CUNY Graduate Center on 2/4/11).
“Building Communities with Justice: Overcoming the Tyranny of the Funnel”
– Keynote Address at the Marquette Law School on February 20, 2009 in Milwaukee, WI.
To view a video of the speech please click on the following link: http://law.marquette.edu/flash/ps05.html.
“Race, Crime and Justice: A Fresh Look at Old Questions” – Keynote Address at The New York City Bar Association/2008 Orison S. Marden Lecture on March 19, 2008 in New York, NY.
“The Penetration of the Criminal Justice System Into Communities of Color: A Leadership Challenge for the Legal Profession” – Address at the Convocation on the Face of the Profession III: Leadership of the Bar; sponsored by The New York State Judicial Institute on Professionalism in the Law on April 27, 2007 in Albany, NY.
“Rethinking the Fatherhood Agenda in the Context of the Era of Mass Incarceration” – Keynote Address at the Seventh Annual Fatherhood Conference “Fatherhood 2007: Fathers as the missing link; sponsored by the Industrial Home for Children on April 18, 2007 in East Windsor, NJ.
“Symposium on Back-End Sentencing and Parole Reform” – Keynote Address at Stanford Law School on November 4, 2006 in Stanford, CT.
“Responding to the Realities of the Era of Mass Incarceration in America” – Keynote Address at the Public/Private Venture conference on March 21, 2006 in Houston, TX.
“Prisoner Reentry: National and Local Perspective on a New Dialogue” – Keynote Address at the Maryland Reentry Symposium on October 24, 2005 in Annapolis, MD.