The NYPD Leadership Program is a scholarship for active NYPD Uniform Members of the Service (UMOS) police officers and supervisors. The scholarship covers tuition, technology fees and textbook costs for four college courses (12 credits total). The program is designed for undergraduate and graduate non-degree students interested in earning a degree.
- Undergraduate students can save up to $10,000 in tuition and fees by:
- Enrolling in the NYPD Leadership Program and receiving up to $4,000 in scholarship awards that covers tuition, technology fees, and textbook costs for four courses (12 credits total)
- Receiving up to 29 college credits for basic academy training (equivalent to two full-time semesters)
Undergraduate students are exempt from meeting the general admission criteria
- Graduate non-degree students receive up to $5,000 in scholarship awards that covers tuition, technology fees and textbook costs for four courses (12 credits total)
- Students completing the program receive a Certificate of Completion
- Apply credits earned in the NYPD Leadership Program toward a Bachelor's or Master's degree program at John Jay College
The Program courses meet once a week on Fridays at John Jay College. Courses are offered during morning, afternoon and evening times in the fall and spring semesters. Students may register for up to two courses per semester.
All active NYPD UMOS police officers and supervisors of any ranking are eligible for the NYPD Leadership Program.