- Undergraduate students may receive up to $4,000 in scholarship awards that covers the tuition, technology fees, and textbook costs for four courses (12 credits total)
- Undergraduate students may receive up to 29 transfer credits for basic academy training
- Undergraduate students are exempt from meeting the general admission criteria
- Students completing the program receive a Certificate of Completion
- Apply credits earned in the NYPD Leadership Program toward a bachelor's or master's degree program at John Jay College
- Police officer rankings are eligible for an additional one-course tuition waiver when registering for any course outside of the NYPD Leadership Program
The Program courses meet once a week on Fridays at John Jay College. Courses are offered during morning, afternoon and evening times in the fall and spring semesters. Students may register for up to two courses per semester.
All active NYPD UMOS police officers and supervisors of any ranking are eligible for the NYPD Leadership Program.