John Jay College of Criminal Justice is committed to serving military veterans, active duty service members, reservists, guardsmen, officer candidates and their family members through vibrant and relevant higher education programs and veteran-focused support. The Office of Military and Veteran Services provides student veterans personal support through its on-site services, the student-led John Jay Veterans Association, dedicated Veterans Center Spaces, our veterans honor society chapter and assistance from staff and faculty throughout the college. We actively back veteran students throughout their college experiences with assistance in admission, enrollment and advisement; peer support programming, support for academic and personal success; and job preparation, internship, and post-graduation employment programming.
Military and Veteran Services Include:
- Retired Navy chaplain Military and Veteran Services Manager available to provide veterans personal support, guidance and mentoring
- Full-time Veteran Certifying Official and Military Point of Contact available to advise and assist veterans and their family members in using their educational benefits at John Jay
- John Jay Veterans Association: our vital student-led veterans organization with positive peer support; recreational, social and professional programs; and community outreach
- Attractive Veterans' Center with lounge, technology center, study and meeting spaces
- SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society chapter to recognize veteran and military students' academic accomplishments
- Required academic justice course sections focused on the interests and needs of veteran and military students
- Veterans' Center support: career and academic advisement services; VA New York Harbor Healthcare System VITAL (Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership) peer support specialist; PROVE (Project for Return and Opportunity in Veterans Education) social work interns; and other valuable programs.
Military and Veteran Services team:
Lauren Szpilzinger, PROVE intern
Prem Sukhan, Career and Professional Development
Richard Pusateri, Military and Veteran Services Manager
Hugo Monroy-Caceres, Academic Advisement
Evony Morel, Military and Veteran Services College Assistant
Not pictured: LaTanya Everett, Veteran Certifying Official and Military Point of Contact