Commencement @ John Jay - 2013-14 Newsletter
Please note that all students will receive THREE tickets for guests!
Please email questions about Commencement to the Office of Student Transition Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2014!
Graduation from John Jay College is a moment of triumph for you, your family and all of us at John Jay College. The faculty and staff are excited to participate in commencement in order to celebrate your accomplishments. We are proud of you all!
Commencement is scheduled for Wednesday, May 28, 2014. Please continue to check this site for important developments.
YEARBOOK PHOTOS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED TO MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS THROUGHOUT THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY 2014 WHEN CLASSES ARE IN SESSION. (PLEASE NOTE THAT THE COLLEGE IS CLOSED ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2014 AND PHOTOS WILL NOT BE TAKEN.) THE PHOTOGRAPHER WILL BE OUTSIDE THE BLACK BOX THEATER FROM 10AM TO 7PM DURING THAT TIME. THERE IS A $5 SITTING FEE.
IF THESE EXTENDED DATES DO NOT WORK FOR YOU, YOU ARE FREE TO GO DIRECTLY TO THORNTON STUDIO ON YOUR OWN. WHETHER YOU TAKE THE PHOTO ON CAMPUS OR IN THE STUDIO, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2014 IS THE ABSOLUTE DEADLINE TO TAKE A PHOTO FOR INCLUSION IN THE YEARBOOK.
- The deadline to apply for graduation is FEBRUARY 7, 2014.
- To apply go to JSTOP, click on MY JJC and the APPLY FOR GRADUATION.
- Check your jjay email regularly. All correspondence regarding commencement and graduation will be sent only to your college email. It is your email address even after you graduate. If you need to reset your password, please contact the HelpDesk.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to resolve any grade changes, make up any incompletes, and ensure all other entries on your academic record are complete and correct before you graduate. Once your degree is posted, the college cannot make any other changes to your record, so you will need to communicate any updates to the Office of the Registrar before your degree is posted including the declaration of minors.
- Graduation Eligibility and Application
- Graduation Honors and Awards
- Commencement Awards
- Check your jjay email regularly. All correspondence regarding commencement will be sent only to your college email. It is your email address even after you graduate. If you need to reset your password, please contact the HelpDesk.
- PICK UP your TICKETS and YEARBOOK by attending Graduate Salute
- Tuesday, May 13 and Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- 11am to 7pm in the cafeteria in the New Building
- MAKE ARRANGEMENTS if you or your guest(s) require special accessibility assistance and/or seating: Information for Students with Disabilities.
- LIKE us on Facebook
- READ the commencement newsletter - COMING SOON!
- Out of State Students:
If you are an out-of-state or online student interested in participating in the Commencement Ceremony, you must contact Ms. Danielle Officer at email@example.com.
- Student Graduation Guide
- Faculty Graduation Guide
- Faculty Robing Info
Times: 10:30 AM or 3:30 PM
Where: Jacob Javits Center North
655 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
There will be two commencement ceremonies – one at 10:30 am and one at 3:30 pm.
- AM Ceremony MORNING CEREMONY BEGINS AT 10:30 AM. Students, please arrive at the Javits Center by 9:00 AM
Click here to see which degrees attend the morning ceremony:
- Correctional Administration
- Correctional Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Management
- Fire and Emergency Service
- Fire Science
- Police Studies
- Protection Management
- Public Administration
- Security Management
- PM Ceremony AFTERNOON CEREMONY BEGINS AT 3:30 PM.
Students, please arrive at the Javits Center by 2:00 PM
Click here to see which degrees attend the afternoon ceremony:
- Computer Information Systems
- Culture and Deviance Studies
- Digital Forensics and Cyber Security
- Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Forensic Psychology
- Forensic Psychology and Law
- Forensic Science
- Gender Studies
- Global History
- International Crime and Justice
- International Criminal Justice
- Judicial Studies
- Humanities and Justice
- Law and Society
- Legal Studies
- Mental Health Counseling
- Political Science
- Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Alumni Relations
- Check here for photos after the ceremonies.
- A recording of the commencement ceremonies will be available on the college's YouTube Channel a few days after the ceremonies.
- Information about the conferral of your degree and the availability of your diploma will be sent to your email from the Registrar.
- Information about the professional photos taken at commencement will be emailed to you directly by GradImages 24-48 hours after commencement.
COMMENCEMENT WEEK - May 12 to 16
Monday, May 12 - Awards Ceremony, 5pm to 7pm (LOCATION TBA)
Tuesday, May 13 - Graduate Salute, 11am to 7pm (Cafeteria) (Pick up your 3 tickets, yearbook, giveaways and more)
Wednesday, May 14 - Graduate Salute, 11am to 7pm (Cafeteria) (Pick up your 3 tickets, yearbook, giveaways and more)
Thursday, May 15 - New Alumni Celebration, (DETAILS TBA)
- Senior Cruise, 7pm to 11pm sponsored by Student Council (DATE IS TENTATIVE)