Dr. Jessica Gordon Nembhard
African American Studies
Room 9.63.07 NB
Dr. Ernest Lee
Room 9.63.11 NB
Ms. Nadiya Kostyuk
Room 9.62.01 NB
What is expected from McNair Scholars?
A McNair Scholar must:
- Fall Semester (First Year) – Attend the Monday/Wednesday labs on graduate school and research which are scheduled for 6th Period (3:30 - 4:50 PM).
- Spring Semester (First Year) – Participate in a three-credit spring semester research seminar
- Summer (First Year) - Participate in an intensive eight-week summer research experience.
- Schedule meetings to actively engage in research with a faculty mentor.
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or above and advance towards your degree at John Jay College.
- Attend McNair activities.
- Schedule regular meetings with the McNair Associate Director to discuss any concerns you may have.
- Take a GRE prep course and exam as scheduled.
- Apply to graduate schools and apply for financial aid early in the senior year.