Dr. Jessica Gordon Nembhard
African American Studies
Room 9.63.07 NB
Dr. Ernest Lee
Room 9.63.11 NB
Ms. Nadiya Kostyuk
Room 9.62.01 NB
McNair – A Two-Year Program
Fall Semester: Scholars attend the Monday/Wednesday labs on graduate school and research which are scheduled for 6th Period (3:30 - 4:50 PM).
Spring Semester: Scholars participate in a three-credit spring semester research seminar.
Summer Term: Scholars participate in an intensive eight-week summer research experience.
During the entire duration of the McNair program, a scholar should:
- Schedule meetings to actively engage in research with a faculty mentor
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or above and advance towards your degree at John Jay College
- Attend McNair activities
- Schedule regular meetings with the McNair Associate Director to discuss any concerns you may have
- Take a GRE prep course and exam as scheduled
- Apply to graduate schools and apply for financial aid early in the senior year