Eligibility & Selection
Dr. Jessica Gordon Nembhard
African American Studies
Room 9.63.07 NB
Dr. Ernest Lee
Room 9.63.11 NB
Ms. Nadiya Kostyuk
Room 9.62.01 NB
Requirements for Admission
- Genuine interest in pursuing a doctoral degree;
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency;
- 3.0 or better grade point average;
- Upper Sophomore or Junior rank (i.e., 60-75 credits completed);
- Low-income background, first generation college student and/or a member of a group under represented in graduate education (especially African American, Hispanic, Native American and Pacific Islander).
The selection process for the McNair Scholars Program is competitive. A complete application includes the application form, personal statement, letters of recommendation and an unofficial transcript. After receipt of a complete application, each applicant will be interviewed. All applicants will be notified of their admission status as soon as a decision is made.
For an application, click here.
For a recommendation form, click here. (Two recommendations are required.)
Referrals from faculty, staff and students are welcome and appreciated.