Policies and Procedures
|COMPUTER / NETWORK STATUS|
How can I reserve AV equipment for events?
All audiovisual services for AVS must be booked by completing an AVS One-Time Event Request Form, available through the Inside John Jay.
PLEASE NOTE: AVS requires at Five-Business Day notice on all AVS service requests. Any request under five days will be dependant upon equipment and staff availability.
- Log onto the Inside John Jay.
- Clck on AVS Request.
- Complete Request.
- Click Submit.
- Once a form is submitted, you will immediately receive an email acknowledging that your request has been received from the DoIT Help Desk.This is not a confirmation that we will provide the services you request. It is just the first step in the process.
- Within twenty-four hours, of the first email acknowledgment from the Help Desk, you will receive a second e-mail, this time from AVS. This is your confirmation from AVS that you request has been booked and placed on the AVS schedule.
If, after booking your event, there are any changes or corrections, or if your event is cancelled, please contact AVS immediately at ext. 8652 or the DoIT Help Desk at ext. 8200 and follow it up with a written notice or email. We will make every effort to provide services, equipment and accommodate any changes you may have concerning your request. Likewise, by promptly notifying us of a cancellation, you release the staff, room and equipment for other members of the college community.
How can I request a multimedia production?
The basic procedure is the same as stated above: an AVS One-Time Event Request Form must be submitted over the Inside John Jay.
- Additionally, for all videotaping, every person that is to be videotaped must complete a Release Form that grants permission for the subject to be videotaped. Release forms must be completed and provided to AVS and the requester must assume responsibility for permitting the subjects to be videotaped. We can provide you with blank release forms that are approved by CUNY. With regards to audiences, you should post at the entrance that the event is being videotaped and that their participation implies permission (i.e. fair use).
- Video shoots (one, two, and three cameras) must be coordinated in advance with the AVS office for either on location or in studio productions.
- For lectures requiring insertions of PowerPoint presentations, the PowerPoint file for the lecture must be provided to AVS.
- Finally, for media transfers and copies, AVS can only copy and transfer Non-Copyrighted Materials. If the source is copyrighted, AVS will not be able to copy or transfer the material unless written permission from the copyright holder of the source media is given to AVS granting permission to make the copies and transfers.