Law Enforcement and Military Personnel Career Transition
The Transitioning to Private Sector security management program consists of five three-hour training sessions. This program is designed to address the educational needs of, provide practical knowledge to, and generally assist law enforcement and military personnel seeking second careers in corporate security. The program will introduce you to security and business management concepts and prepare you for your first interview. It will also assist you in developing and implementing a corporate security strategy that will be effective in both a domestic single-building operation and a global security program. This program will be beneficial for those already in the security field who are trying to transition into a security management position. By the conclusion of the program, you will have participated in numerous interactive sessions that will provide you with the experience needed to advance in the private sector. Participants who complete the 15-hour training program will receive a certification of completion.
The course will include in-depth sessions on:
- How practical experience transitions into the private sector;
- Resume writing & interviewing skills;
- Utilizing new office technology and systems;
- Understanding the relationship between finance, business strategy and security, financial planning as the key to achieving your strategic plan and return on investment concepts;
- Presenting issues to senior management;
- Writing corporate security reports and developing mission statements, policies, standards, guidelines & procedures;
- Developing and implementing regional, domestic or international security management programs, performing threat and vulnerability assessments, understanding basic security technology (e.g., CCTV, alarms etc.);
- Developing and implementing corporate security programs (e.g., travel, workplace violence, bomb threats, fraud prevention etc.), information and computer security, the threat of economic espionage; and
- Developing and implementing corporate emergency preparedness programs.
Instructor: Paul DeMatteis, CPP, CFE is the Senior Adviser on Corporate Security Programs at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. He has worked as a senior security professional for three world financial institutions and is currently the Director of Security at one of the world's most prestigious law firms. Mr. DeMatteis has worked in over 60 countries, lectured at business groups, security associations, law enforcement and governmental agencies. He appears regularly on Fox News and NBC as a global security specialist, and he has published numerous articles on security management issues.
Five Thursdays (Mar 4 – Apr 8, no class Apr 1), 6:30 – 9:30 pm; $300 for course.
For more information please contact Paul DeMatteis email@example.com