Beginning Fall 2010, students may borrow laptops for use while studying. Laptops may be checked out in room 4003N and may not leave the room during use. A student ID is required to check out a laptop, and all laptops are due back a half hour before the close of business the same day. Under no circumstances may laptops be kept out overnight. A laptop that is not returned overnight will be assumed lost and will result in a fine of $2500. For more information on how to loan a laptop see the Laptop Loan Agreement.
- For informantion on how to protect your information and work see the User Guide.
- You must have a valid John Jay student username and password to connect to the internet.
- Students may not leave the premises of the MPC with a laptop.
- The laptops are to be used only for mathematics and science course related work. For general use, please visit the Laptop Loan desk on the first floor of North Hall.
- Students are not permitted to access Myspace, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube, Hulu, or any other recreational web sites from the laptops. Computers are available in the 4th floor elevator lobby for recreational use.
Also, please note that the center staff does not provide technical support. If you need assistance operating a laptop or using standard software, please use the large lab on the first floor of North Hall where technical support is available. If you are having trouble with course-specific software, please contact the publisher or your instructor.