John Jay College VPN service allows users to access John Jay's networked resources from off-campus as if they were on-campus. Namely, some of the resources you can access via a VPN connection include, shared drives, MS Office outlook, establish a remote desktop connection (RDP) to your work PC.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO USE THE VPN SERVICE?
- John Jay faculty or staff members (contingent up departmental Chair’s or Director’s approval)
- Approved external contractors or vendors providing a product or service to the college
HOW TO OBTAIN VPN SERVICE:
John Jay Faculty or Staff members
- The user must send an e-mail to John Jay College Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org , read and sign the John College VPN Policy. The e-mail must be CC’ed to the users’ departmental chair or the Director.
- Departmental chair must thereafter send an e-mail confirming that the user is currently employed and should be provided a VPN privileges.
- A Department chair or Director must send an email request to The John Jay College Help Desk email@example.com, attesting that the vendor will adhere to the John Jay College VPN policy(http://inside.jjay.cuny.edu/compendium/index.asp?category=5) and CUNY Security Policy ( http://security.cuny.edu/ ).