Non-Degree Graduate Program
Graduate Non-Degree Admissions
To begin the admissions and registration process, you are required to do the following:
1) Complete and submit the Non-Degree Graduate Application Click here along with the non- refundable application fee of $50 (check or money order made payable to John Jay College). You must be an active NYPD member in order to be eligible for the NYPD Leadership Program.
2) Include a copy of your undergraduate transcript with degree posted sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
John Jay College graduates do not need to submit an undergraduate transcript.
You may also complete the Non-Degree Graduate Application in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Please be prepared to pay the application fee by check or money order made payable to John Jay College.
1) Submit immunization forms to the Health Office. Before you can register for classes, you will need to submit proof that you have been immunized for measles, mumps and rubella as well as complete the meningitis section of the form. The Student Health Center website is available here. Download the required immunization forms and submit to the college's Student Health Center.
If you previously attended and/or graduated from John Jay College, you are not required to submit the immunization forms.
1) After Parts One and Two have been completed, you will receive an email on how to register and what courses to take on your first semester. The course schedule can be found online under the policies and procedures link. Non degree graduate students begin the program by taking CRJ 810 (required foundation course to be taken first) and an elective course.
Elective Courses (select three of the following elective courses). Students must have successfully completed CRJ 810 or consecutively register for CRJ 810 in order to register for elective courses.
• PAD 706 Bureaupathology
• CRJ 738 Perspectives on Race and Crime in America
• CRJ 742 Police Ethics
• CRJ 819 Counter-Terrorism Policy for Law Enforcement
For registration assistance please contact The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 212.564.6529 or firstname.lastname@example.org (in the “Subject Section” enter: NYPD Leadership Program) OR the Administrative Director of the NYPD Leadership Program at NYPDProgram@jjay.cuny.edu or 646.557.4775.