Get Academic Credit for Doing Research

Contact Us

Office of Undergraduate Research
Room 8.66.00, New Building
524 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019

Monday, Wednesday and Friday
9:00 AM-5:00 PM

Phone: 646-557-4718

Visit our Facebook page  

Some departments have opportunities available for students to earn academic credit for/while engaging in research. An independent study is one example. With an independent study, a student can explore a specific topic in depth with a faculty member. To sign up for an independent study, you must have a faculty member who is willing to work with you on your topic of interest. In addition, one can earn credit currently in Science and Psychology for engaging in research. (More departments will likely add such opportunities.) Again, you must have a faculty member who will work with you on your topic of interest. Thus, it is important to TALK TO YOUR PROFESSORS. Discuss ideas with them. Open up opportunities for yourself in the future by making connections NOW with your professors.

To find out more about research for credit opportunities in your department, contact your Major’s Advisor to inquire. To get help finding a faculty member to work with, come to the OUR.