O.U.R. Summer Research Internship
Academic Credit for Research
Research Intensive (RI) Courses (Coming Soon!)
Student Internship Opportunity at the National Center for Special Education
The National Center for Special Education (NCSER) is seeking a graduate student or upper-level college student to work as a volunteer (i.e., unpaid) intern in the summer of 2014. Applicants should have coursework in cognitive, developmental, educational, or social psychology, statistics, and/or education or related fields. Experience working in the field of or coursework in special education would also be beneficial. Applicants need to demonstrate excellent writing and organizational skills, experience using and manipulating spreadsheets, and an ability to juggle multiple tasks with different timelines. Start date, work days, and hours are negotiable.
What would a NCSER intern do? An intern would be involved with a number of support activities for NCSER staff. Examples of the kinds of activities would include:
• Updating and maintaining a Center-based catalogue on grants and projects;
• Drafting written summaries of projects and issues of interest across the Centers topic areas;
• Providing support to staff through the research grant review and monitoring cycle;
• Responding to public inquiries about NCSER and the grant application process; and
• Attending meetings, briefings and/or seminars that support NCSER work.
To Apply: Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to Jacquelyn.Buckley@ed.gov along with information on the dates you would be available for the internship.