Matriculation and Registration Rules
The following is a summary of rules relating to matriculation and course registration.
- Registration in the online courses offered through the Online MPA IG Program is limited to students who are admitted to study in the Online MPA IG Program.
- Students in the Online MPA IG Program may transfer up to four graduate courses (12 credits) outside of the Online MPA IG Program, provided that the courses are determined by the MPA Director to equate to the courses within the Online MPA IG Program for which substitutions would be made.
- Students admitted to the Online MPA IG Program may also complete up to 4 courses offered as campus-based John Jay College courses, provided that the total number of transferred courses and campus-based courses does not exceed 4. For example, a student could complete PAD 742 as a campus-based course in place of the Online MPA IG Program course.
- In the event that an out-of-state student in the Online MPA IG Program registers for a campus-based course, the out-of-state tuition would apply. Furthermore, out-of-state students are not required to satisfy the NY State immunization verification policy. However, if the out-of-state student decides to register for a campus-based course, the immunization proof will be necessary.
- Students in the John Jay College campus-based MPA Program may apply for admission to the Online MPA IG Program. However, if admitted, such students would be permitted to apply no more than four courses (12 credits) of campus-based courses to the Online MPA IG Program.
- Students in the Online MPA IG Program may register for fewer than three courses in a particular semester, but this may lengthen the number of semesters necessary to complete the program.