Curriculum Guidelines and Forms
Curriculum Guidelines and Forms for the Office of Graduate Studies
Curriculum proposals for consideration by the Committee on Graduate Studies should be drafted using the templates below. Following approval by the program, Program Directors should submit proposals via email to the Associate Dean for Graduate studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please name files according to program or course name, action type, and semester. A new course proposal for CRJ 799 submitted in spring 2014, for example, would be named "CRJ 799 new course S14."
We welcome any questions you might have at email@example.com.
Templates for Common Curricular Actions
- New course proposal [MS Word]
- Changes to existing courses [MS Word]
- Experimental course proposal [MS Word]
- Model Syllabus [PDF]
Before undertaking a proposal for a new degree program, please consult with the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Change in existing degree program [MS Word]
- Cover letter accompanying new certificate and master’s program proposals [MS Word]
- New certificate program application form [MS Word]
- New master’s program template [MS Word]
Faculty Development and Assistance
- CUNY Faculty Handbook for creation of new academic programs
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching at John Jay (CAT)
- John Jay College Policy for Online Programs and Courses