Apply for Graduation
Graduation Application Deadlines:
FALL GRADUATES: OCTOBER 31, 2014
SPRING GRADUATES: MARCH 1, 2015
To apply for graduation:
1. Log into your CUNYFirst account at https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/
2. Navigate to Self-Service >> Student Center
3. Locate the drop-down menu to the left of your class schedule, it will be labeled “Other Academics,” click on it
4. Choose the item “Apply for Graduation” and then click on the circle to the right to proceed forward
5. Ensure you are applying for the correct program of student
6. From the drop-down menu, select from the available terms you wish to apply for. Students can only select one term and only from what is shown.
7. Click continue
8. Click On “Submit Application” to send your graduation application to the Registrar’s Office
*Please note: To apply for graduation Undergraduates must have completed at least 105 credits and Graduate students must have completed at least 27 credits. Students who fail to file an application for their degree by the above deadlines, will not be eligible to participate in the Commencement Ceremonies. In addition, all students who have filed for graduation must be CLEARED by the Registrar. Please check your jjay.cuny.edu email for any correspondence from the Registrar's Office.**
Once you have submitted your graduation application:
- Check your John Jay email regularly. All correspondence regarding commencement and graduation will be sent only to your college email. It is your email address even after you graduate. If you need to reset your password, please contact the HelpDesk.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to resolve any grade changes, make up any incompletes, and insure all other entries on your academic record are complete and correct before you graduate. Once your degree is posted, the college cannot make any other changes to your record, so you will need to communicate any updates to the Office of the Registrar before your degree is posted including the declaration of minor
More information regarding eligibility:
- Candidates for the baccalaureate degree must complete at least 120 credits to fulfill the degree requirements. Associate degree candidates must complete at least 60 credits.
- Candidates for the baccalaureate and associate degrees must have a 2.0 GPA for graduation.
- Candidates for Master's Programs must have a 3.0 GPA for graduation. All credits and other degree requirements must be completed within eight years. For the number of credits and specific requirements, refer to each program description.
- Participation in the annual spring commencement ceremony is accorded to students who have been awarded the associate, baccalaureate, or master's degree the previous August or February and to students who are certified by the Office of the Registrar to complete their degree requirements by the end of the spring semester.
- Students who have filed for graduation and have two courses or less to complete their degree requirements at the end of the spring session following the annual spring commencement, as certified by the Registrar's Office, may attend the Graduation ceremony if all four of the following conditions are met at the time the Office of the Registrar certifies the candidates for graduation:
- The student has filed the application for his or her degree by October 31, 2015 for Fall graduates or March 1, 2015 for Spring graduates deadline
- The student application for degree conferral has been cleared by the Registrar's Office they are CLEARED to graduate.
- The student has registered for and paid for the required course(s) for the summer session.
- The student has a minimum GPA of 2.00 (3.00 for graduate students).
- Students who are prospective summer graduates would be listed as such in the graduation program.
- Candidates for degrees are reminded that grades of INC assigned during the last semester of attendance in courses required for graduation will result in the postponement of graduation.