Executive Academic Director
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Please consult the minor advisor or the chairperson of the appropriate department or program to lean about specific requirements:
- At least 50 percent of the credits in a minor must be taken at the College and at least two-thirds of the credits in a minor must be graded on an A through F basis.
- A minor shall be completely optional for students and cannot be required by an academic program.
- Minor requirements must be completed with an earned 2.0 (C) grade point average.
- Students should declare minors by the time they have earned 75 credits by filling out the electronic Undergraduate Declaration of Minor Form found at the Jay Stop web page, choose MY JJC.
- Students should be able to see their declared minors on their unofficial transcripts on eSIMS.
- (Be aware that some minors may have advanced enrollment requirements, specific procedures for completing the minor, or requirements and/or restrictions concerning grades and courses, that may be used to fulfill the minor.)
- When a student files the Graduation Audit Form, their declared minor will be evaluated. If there is a question or discrepancy, students will be contacted by the Registrar's Office. The Degree Auditor will state the issue in writing and mail students a print copy of the minor declaration form to bring to the appropriate academic department or program for signature. Students should consult Chapter 3 of the Undergraduate Bulletin for curricular requirements of minors.
- Completion of a minor is noted on the student's official transcript and will be conferred at the same time that the degree is conferred.