The Office of Fellowship & Scholarship Opportunities
1100 North Hall
445 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019
Monday - Thursday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Visit our office to sign up for an appointment with an advisor.
You may want to reference the following books and articles as you write any written materials for your fellowship application.
- Asher, Donald. Graduate Admissions Essays: Write Your Way Into The Graduate School of Your Choice. Fourth Edition. New York: Ten Speed Press, 2012.
- Clark, Roy Peter. Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies For Every Writer. New York: Little, Brown, and Company, 2008.
- Graff, Gerald; Birkenstein, Cathy, and Durst, Russel. They Say/I Say: The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing with Readings. Second Edition. New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 2011.
- Hacker, Diana and Sommers, Nancy. Rules for Writers. Seventh Edition. New York: Bedford/St. Martin’s Press, 2011.
- Lanham, Richard. Revising Prose. Fifth Edition. New York: Longman, 2006.
- Strunk, William and White, E.B. The Elements of Style. Fourth Edition. New York: Longman, 1999.
- Thurman, Susan. The Only Grammar Book You’ll Ever Need: A One-Stop Source for Every Writing Assignment. Second Edition. New York: Adams Media, 2003.
- Williams, Joseph M. and Colomb, Gregory G. Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace. Tenth Edition. New York: Longman, 2010.
- Zinsser, William. On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. 30th Anniversary Edition. New York: Harper Perennial. 2006.