Accepted Transfer Students

Accepted Transfer Students

Welcome to John Jay!

We are delighted that you will be joining our college community.  While this is an exciting time for you as you embark on your college career, it's an exciting time for us, too.  We look forward to seeing how you and your classmates will make John Jay a different place - by making it your own.

To enroll as a Transfer Student, follow these steps:

Steps to Enroll

Accept our Offer of Admission

To ensure that you have a seat, you must accept our offer of admission in CUNYfirst and submit a non-refundable, non-transferable $100* commitment deposit. This deposit will be applied toward your tuition charges.

To submit your deposit:

  1. Log in to your CUNYfirst account using the same username and password you created when you filed your admission application.
  2. Navigate to View My Application Status.
  3. Go to the Admissions tab at the bottom and select View Details for John Jay College. You can then either accept or decline your offer of admission to John Jay. If you accept, you will have the ability to pay by credit or debit card.


*If you qualify for a waiver, you will not see the Pay Commitment Deposit button. Waivers are given to veterans and their dependents; SEEK students and students who have filed financial aid and have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,000 or less.

For the Spring semester, the deposit must be received by December 15. If you are admitted after December 15th, the deposit is due 10 days after the date you received your admission notification.   

For the Fall semester, the deposit must be received by May 1. If you are admitted after May 1, the deposit is due 10 days after the date you received your admission notification.

Submit Your Immunization Form

Students can submit the immunization form to the John Jay College Student Health Center at:

Please visit for details and to download the form. The Health Office will review the documents and contact you directly if any additional information is required.

Apply for Financial Aid

To determine your financial aid eligibility, you must complete your Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) application. John Jay’s code is 002693If you are a New York State resident, complete the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application process.  The TAP code is 1414.  Information and deadline dates about the Excelsior Scholarship Program, visit the HESC website.

For more infomation regarding financing your education, contact the John Jay Financial Aid Office at or call the Jay Express Services at 212.663.7867.

Learn About Housing

For information about housing options, please go to

Register for Class

You will be eligible to register upon completion of your transfer credit evaluation. Information about next steps will be sent to you via email once this process is completed. This will include instructions on how to activate your CUNYfirst account and self-register for courses, as well as information on how to access academic advisement assistance. You will need to submit your deposit or waiver to the College before registration can begin.

If you attended a post secondary institution outside of the U.S., you must have your credentials evaluated by one of the following companies to receive transfer credit:


Attend Orientation

New student Orientation is your first steps to successfully transition to John Jay. You will receive an email invitation as the event nears.