Adelante Early Start Math (July 17–August 17): Get an early start to college and Adelante by taking a summer math course (open to students who place into MAT 105–College Algebra). The cost of the program is covered by financial aid or your fall tuition payment: No extra charges!
Adelante Advantage (August 7–10): Participate in a free four-day summer program that will prepare you to excel in college, allow you to meet your classmates and professors, and give you a first-hand look at your new home (John Jay!)
Take one of the following Latina/o Studies First Year Seminar (online brochure to come) taught by outstanding Latina/o faculty (You'll register for one at your Advisement and Registration Session):
- So You Want to Be a Lawyer: Latina/os in the Legal Profession | Dr. Roure
- The Latina/o Struggle for Inclusion in Higher Education | Professor Ramirez-Vargas
- Justice Issues in the New Millennium | Professor Bordoni
Monthly: Attend Adelante Advantage workshops to learn strategies for maintaining academic excellence and building your marketability for future special opportunities.
Ongoing Events: Attend exclusive Adelante events on- and off-campus to develop your valuable networks, practice your newly acquired leadership skills, and hang out with your Adelante familia.
Weekly (Choose a workshop focus):
- Adelante Edge: Get the tools and support you need to apply for competitive leadership opportunities on- and off-campus.
- Adelante Power-Up: Learn powerful skills to reach your GPA goals in a fun, game-based workshop series.
- Explore John Jay's majors, minors, and certificate programs to select the combination that is the perfect fit for you and your aspirations.
- Continue to attend exclusive Adelante events on- and off-campus.