The John Jay CN program is designed to meet the diverse academic needs and interests of high school students. Admission requirements vary depending on the program and type of course. It is important for students to have a good high school attendance record and be recommended to the program by their CN liaison. Please note that College Now participation is restricted to students registered with the NYCDOE, including registered home schooled students and students with disabilities whose private school tuition or disability services are supported by the NYCDOE http://collegenow.cuny.edu/eligibility-requirements/.
Eligibility Requirements — Enrollment in College Credit Courses
Requirements for 1-Credit Course:
· To qualify for a one-credit course, students must have an English Regents test score between 55-74 or have a
minimum high school average of 70.
Requirement for 3-Credit Cohort Courses - any one of the scores listed below:
· 75 or higher on the English Language Arts Regents or
· 480 or higher on the SAT Critical Reading Section (submit a copy) or
· 20 or higher on the ACT English (submit a copy) or
· 85 or higher English Average (Juniors - Fall ONLY)
* All students enrolling in the CN program are required to submit a copy of their high school transcript.
* In addition, students using their ACT, or SAT Scores must submit the proper documentation.
Requirements for Waiver Courses
Prerequisite a grade of B or better in a cohort course. Seats are limited to 5 per semester.