Do you need guidance in choosing your career path?
Are you interested in pursing a college degree after high school?
Are you deciding between commuting to college or living in a dorm?
Upward Bound provides fundamental support in order prepare participants in making an informed decision on their college choice.
In order to be eligible for Upward Bound:
- Be first-generation in your immediate family to go to college.
- Meet the family income guideline which can be found here.
- Are able to participate in our program throughout the academic year and summer months.
- Attend a school in New York City school.
- Be in 9th or 10th grade.
Meet the basic requirements? If you meet all of the requirements above, you may be eligible for our program. Admission is on a rolling basis. Therefore, it is best that you submit all the required materials as soon as possible in order to receive correspondence from our staff. Our updated application can be found here.
In order to have a complete application, you must submit all of the following:
- Completed Upward Bound Application
- Proof of Parents' income (1040 tax form for 2015/2016, social security benefits, food stamps etc)
- Copy of your social security card.
- Copy of most recent report card or high school transcript.
We recommend that you submit your application by email at email@example.com.
Please provide an active email address and phone number in which we can easily reach you. If any contact information is outdated upon submission, it will delay the status of your application. If you have any questions about the application process or your eligibility, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or by phone at 212-237-8274.