Apply as a Visiting Student

Apply as a Visiting Student

John Jay College of Criminal Justice welcomes students from other campuses within the CUNY system, as well as students who are interested in taking classes without pursuing a degree.

The possibilities are:

The E-Permit: Designed for current CUNY graduate students, the E-permit enables you to study on a CUNY campus other than your home campus. Apply for the E-Permit.

Non-degree: At the graduate level,  some programs accepts non-degree students when space permits. If admission is granted, the student will be informed of what course(s) they are permitted to take. Course permission is granted on a case-by-case basis. For specific information on which programs accepts non-degree students, please contact the Office of Admissions at 212.237.8863 or

Application instructions are found here