Applying as a Transfer

Applying as a Transfer

Two students sitting on steps working on a laptop

As a college within the City University of New York, John Jay College of Criminal Justice welcomes many transfer students every year—students who have already earned college credits.

As part of your application, you’ll need to submit your college transcripts so that we may identify which credits will transfer. To receive a degree from John Jay College, you must take a minimum of 30 credits at the College, including at least 50 percent of an approved major or specialization.

To get started with your application, please view a video tutorial on how to apply as a Transfer student.

Take a Virtual Walking Tour   


Contact Us

Office of Admissions 
524 West 59th Street
Room L.64.00
New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212.JOHNJAY
Fax: 212.237.8777