Classroom Lab Support Services (CLSS) understands the importance of Blackboard as the standard in providing supplemental online educational experience at John Jay College. To accommodate the increasing number of courses providing online Blackboard materials, as an initiative, CLSS will produce Blackboard training tutorials to assist you in your online educational experience. Listed below are some of these tutorials.
Download all of these tutorials as one document in our Blackboard Student Guide (PDF).
- Accessing Blackboard 8.0 (Downloadable PDF)
A. CUNY Portal
B. Logging Into Portal
C. Entering Blackboard
D. Logging Out of Blackboard
- Recovering or Changing Your Portal Password (Downloadable PDF)
A. Recovering a lost CUNY Portal Account Password
B. Changing your Portal password
- Navigating Blackboard (Downloadable PDF)
A. Navigating tabs in Blackboard
B. Overview of Blackboard tools
C. Accessing a course or organization
D. Exploring course menu items
E. Creating a home page profile
- Using the Discussion Board (Downloadable PDF)
A. Navigating forum topics and threads
B. Contributing to a thread
- Uploading Assignments (Downloadable PDF)
A. Regular Assignments vs. SafeAssign
- Joining a Virtual Classroom (Downloadable PDF)
A. Accessing Collaboration sessions
B. Overview of Virtual Classroom tools
- Sending Email to Course Participants (Downloadable PDF)
A. Accessing and composing messages
- Taking Tests and Quizzes in Blackboard (Downloadable PDF)
A. Test locations, attributes and features
B. Taking a test and viewing results
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (Downloadable PDF)
A. Troubleshooting guide for students
In August 2010, the Office of Undergraduate Studies and CLSS, as a joint and collaborative effort, established the Blackboard Support Group with its own web presence and consolidated support information to better serve and support both faculty and students at John Jay College. All new Blackboard tutorials and training events will be listed in its respective web pages.
Please revisit this page as CLSS updates it with more details.
Please visit the CLSS General FAQ for common questions and answers.