<< Back to Programs
One Day Event Security Course (1 Day)
September 10, 2012
Sponsored by the Security Management Institute
555 West 57th st., Room 603BMW
New York, NY 10019-1029
Tel: (212) 237-8638
FAX: (212) 237-8637
E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
One Day Event Security Course Registration Form
One Day Event Security Course
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Security Management Institute (SMI) has developed a program that is designed for individuals tasked with the responsibility of providing physical security for persons attending high profile events. Participants will be able to make security recommendations to secure the event, its particpants and assets. The presentaions will emphasize the necessary skills on how to plan, develop and implement effective security safeguards by providing instructions on: access controlm security screening and monitoring, risk assessment, working with Federal and Foreign Security agents for Diplomats, physical security concepts and emergency evacuation and sheltering in-place.
* Presenter: Robert Mattiesen, is a retired seergeant from the NYPD Intelligence Division with over 22 years of service. He has coordinated diplomatic protection assignments and has instructed training on dignitary and executive protection, physical security and international terrorism. He has developed security planning for manydiplomatic and corporate sponsored events. He also lectures at John Jay College of Criminal Justice on security and terrorism.
* Handout materials and presentations provide an overview of Event Security Management principles and responsibilites.
* Instruction will consist of classroom and practical exercises.
* Certificates will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.
* Fundamental for Event Security
* Designing for Event Security
* Understanding Physical Security Concepts
* Working with Host Committee and Events Planners
* Practical Exercises
* Review and Discussion
* Learn how to conduct and manage a protective security program.
* Develop a defensive briefing program for principals under a threat.
* Develop an awareness of protective security concerns that can be taught to corporate employees who are not provided a protective detail.
Who Should Attend
* Security managers and officers who have responsibility for the protection of people at risk.
* Police Detectives, federal agents and investigators who are close to retirement and wish to make the transition from government to the private sector.