MAKING THE TRANSITION TO JOHN JAY
studies at John Jay College from the Vice-President of Enrollment
||1. INVITATION: Receive a letter inviting you
to continue your studies at John Jay
College as a baccalaureate degree student.
• Students whose academic records indicate
that they could complete the required
coursework and graduate with an
associate degree by June 2013 or
sooner will receive a letter inviting them to
CONFIRM their intention to continue their
• If you don't receive this invitation by February 20, 2013, and you intend to
transition to John Jay College after your graduation from your community
college this fall, please email us at email@example.com.
• If you're an international student and intend to transition to John Jay,
please follow these instructions to mantain your F-1 status.
2. CONFIRMATION: Confirm your intention to start at John Jay by
March 15, 2013.
• To confirm, use the "I-confirm" link provided in the
invitation. We will then start to evaluate your credits and get you
ready for early registration.
• To speed up your credit evaluation, make sure you do not have
any local holds or stops on your record, otherwise we will not be
able to access your transcript.
3. CREDIT EVALUATION: Receive an email informing you that your
credits have been evaluated.
• If you have previously attended non-CUNY colleges, you will have to
request that your non-CUNY institution provide John Jay College with
an official copy of your transcript.
• You also have to submit your final updated transcript to the Testing Office
so we can update your records as soon as your final grades are posted.
4. CUNY'S SKILLS PROFICIENCY: Make sure you have satisfied CUNY's
skills requirements in reading, writing, and math.
If you are not sure about your math proficiency status or have other
proficiency-related questions, get in touch with your CJA advisor right
away to avoid putting your transition to John Jay on hold.
5. PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION: Provide proof of your immunization status.
• Get your immunization records from the Health Office on your campus,
have them stamped, and then bring or fax your records to the John Jay
Student Health Center, 524 W.59th St., L76.01.NB,Tel.: 212.237.8052/53,
• Make sure your immunization record includes your meningitis status.
If it's not part of your current record, please fill out part 1 and 2
of this form and submit it with the rest of your health records.
6. FILING FOR GRADUATION: Make sure that you transition to John Jay
College with your associate degree completed.
• The guarantee of enrollment at John Jay in your “dual-admission”
program is based on the completion of your associate degree.
As you approach that major milestone, your community college
expects you to file for graduation. So please remember to file for
graduation in your final semester before transitioning to John Jay.
• If you are a returning John Jay student, we encourage you to meet
with your local CJA advisor to determine if you are subject to the
Second Chance Policy.
7. PREPARING TO REGISTER: Come to your registration appointment
ready and informed.
• Log in to eSims to update your profile on the CUNY portal. You will have to
change your college to John Jay College. See instructional video.
• Check eSims for available courses. See instructional video.
• Try and attend an advising session to understand your course options and
create your academic plan for your baccalaureate degree studies.
Schedule an advising appointment online.
8. REGISTRATION: CJA registration will start May 1, 2013.
Registration will be ongoing starting May 1. Students will receive
registration appointments only if their credits have been evaluated
and their immunization records have been updated. Please bring your
Courses in Progress credit evaluation report with you.