CUNY EDGE is part of The Center for Career & Professional Development. CUNY EDGE provides students who receive Public Assistance (commonly referred to as HRA Benefits) with a range of services, benefits, and support so that they succeed in college and in their careers.
VISION: We envision a world in which all people have access to the educational opportunities and support they need to realize academic success, a sustainable career, and a brighter future.
MISSION: Our mission is to help CUNY students who are receiving public assistance achieve academic excellence, graduate on time, and find employment.
The vision and mission of the program are demonstrated in our core activities.
- Offers ongoing academic, personal, and career advisement
- Presents a comprehensive personal and professional development seminar series to assist students with study skills-building, problem-solving, career development, and self- advocacy
- Connects students to internship, work study, and job opportunities
- Promotes a culture of academic excellence by offering tutoring services and limited tuition support for intersession and summer classes
- Collaborates closely with campus-based departments and programs including Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, The Academic Advisement Center, and Single Stop to get students the help they need
ADVISEMENT: CUNY EDGE provides individual and group advisement to students on Public Assistance for academic, personal and career exploration. We have two full time advisors dedicated to support our students.
Yelena Meytes LCSW, Program Manager & Advisor for Juniors and Seniors
Soheila Fortuna, Career Specialist & Advisor for Freshman and Sophmores
WORKSHOPS: CUNY EDGE offers ongoing workshops every semester. Our workshops focus on three main topics; Life Skills, Career Development and Financial Fluency.
ATTENDANCE MONITORING: CUNY EDGE is committed to ensuring that our students continue to receive their benefits in compliance to HRA rules and regulations by monitoring their class attendance. The attendance monitor is designated to assist faculty and students to submit attendance in accordance with HRA regulations and deadlines.
Amorita Jones, Attendance Monitor & Program Assistant
ELIGIBILITY: CUNY EDGE is a partnership between the NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA) and the University. In order to qualify for CUNY EDGE, you must be a matriculated CUNY undergraduate student who receives cash assistance from HRA.