What is Early Start?
Early Start gives you the opportunity to take one college course over the summer and meet faculty, staff, and other students before September. As an Early Start student, you will earn credit for a math or English course that fulfills graduation requirements while you get familiar with college life at John Jay.
Why register for an Early Start course?
- Concentrate on one course at a time
- Enjoy a smaller class size and extra support from your instructor
- Meet friends who will be in your fall English 101 and First Year Seminar classes and get connected to John Jay
- Connect with your peer mentor, academic advisor and career specialist
- Lighten your fall course load or get more credits
- Cover the cost of Early Start class with your financial aid or fall tuition payment: No Extra Charges!
How do I apply?
You will receive an Early Start Program invitation by email or mail. To apply, click here. The Early Start team will email you within three days to confirm your registration. If you have questions or want help deciding if this opportunity is right for you, contact us at email@example.com.
If you are an Early Start Math student: Complete one of your math requirements. Download flyer above