All required documents will be provided to you at your FWS intake appointment, but you may download and bring them with you if you prefer.
Jay Express FWS Office: L.79 New Building
Federal Work Study, Financial Aid Office: BMW Building, 555 W 57th Street, Rm 607.06
1. Employment Eligibility Verifiaton: Form I-9
2. IT-2104 or IT-2104-E: If you meet (ONE) of the following conditions below, you qualify for exempt status and must complete the IT-2104-E- Certificate of Exemption from Withholding:
- 18 years old
- Full time Students less than 25 years old
- Did not owe NYS taxes in the previous year/ won't owe NYS taxes this year
- Parents claim you on their taxes
- Parents don't file taxes (i.e. Public Assistance, SSI, Disability etc)
If the above criteria do not apply to you, you must complete the IT- 2104- Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
3. Employee's Witholding Allowance Certificate: W-4 : If you qualify for exempt status, you will fill out the W-4 as "EXEMPT."
All students need to be pre screened for his/her academic eligibility before a FWS contract is giving.
Please schedule an appointment to come to the FWS Office for intake process via Nemo Ventus-Q
*Off Campus Aplication: FWS NYC Public Service Corp Application
Proceed to Payroll Procedures and Forms