- You must have a Federal Work Study Award. (Verify your CUNYFirst account)*
*If you don't have a FWS Award, go to Career Development Center and click on "John Jay Careers Online"
- You can work only one job (either on or off-campus).
- Your FWS award can only be earned through work.
- You must be registered for 6 credits (or equated credits) for each semester.
- Your award is for one academic year (summer, fall and spring).
- You are not allowed to work during class hours, even if your class is cancelled.
- The Balances you will see on your pay-stub or in an email will not include the current week in which you are working.
- You must stop working on the day you stop attending classes, or on the last day to work indicated on the FWS contract, whichever is earlier.
- If you do not use the full award by your last scheduled day to work, the balance of the award will expire (check your contract dates). FWS awards do not rollover from one academic year to another (contracts generally end in May) you will need to reapply for a new financial aid application. (Free Application for Federal Student Aid- FAFSA).
- You cannot be paid for hours worked in excess of your award.
- Students should pay close attention to the Academic Calendar for important dates.
- You must complete this QUIZ and return it on your appointment date
There is no penalty if all or part of your FWS is unearned. Unused portions of the award are not converted into other forms of financial aid. You cannot be paid for hours worked in excess of your award.
The information that appears on CUNYFirst is what you were awarded for the semester, - It does not indicate how much was spent or how much is remaining. The balances you will see on your pay-stub or in an email will not include the current week in which you are working.
Proceed to Summer and Winter Session Facts