You were identified as a prospective student for John Jay College through the Percy Ellis Sutton SEEK program for the Fall 2017 semester.
The SEEK Program is a CUNY-Wide enrichment program designed to support the academic experience of a select group of full-time students who have the potential to succeed in college, but face some financial challenges. Students receive additional financial support and supplementary services such as academic counseling, tutoring and mentoring.
- Meet the income criteria and submit all documentation to the Financial Aid Office ( see enclosed checklist) by May 30th.
- Take the CUNY Assessment test(s) by April 21st, 2017
- Commit and register to completing SEEK Mandatory Summer Academy.
- You will be receiving an emailed invitation from the Admissions Office to schedule an appointment with the Financial Aid Office to prove your economic eligibility for the program.
- You will be sent an assigned testing date directly from CUNY Testing Office by mail, notifying you of the date and time of the CUNY Assessment Test in Mathematics. The purpose of this test is to determine your placement into a math course. Prepare for the test by reviewing sample questions at www.cuny.edu/accademics/testing.html . It is important to take this test as soon as possible in order to begin the advisement and registration process. Contact the Testing and Evaluation Office at 212-237-8108 or email email@example.com with “Fall 2017 Freshman” in the subject line, if you need to reschedule.
Once these steps are completed, your application will be evaluated for admissions to the program. If you are selected, you will be sent an official admission letter inviting you to attend the Mandatory SEEK Summer Academy from July 5th to July 27th, 2017 along with additional information regarding enrollment at John Jay College. If you are not selected, you will be advised to attend one of the CUNY Justice Academy programs at a Community College.
If you have any questions concerning the SEEK Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org