Description. The honors minor in Latin American and Latina/o Studies seeks to encourage and assist students to excel in all their courses by providing research and writing skills workshops, as well as workshops about graduate and law school studies. Coursework is centered on Latin America and Latinas/os in the United States, as well as race and ethnicity generally in the United States.
Minor coordinator. Professor Jose Luis Morin, Department of Latin American and Latina/o Studies (212.393.6481, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Completion of the coursework for a Minor in Latin American and Latina/o Studies with a minimum GPA of at least 3.3 (B+) or higher.
- Participation in and completion of at least one of the research and writing skills workshops offered by the Department of Latin American and Latina/o Studies.
- Participation in and completion of at least one graduate/law school career development workshop.
- Completion of an honors thesis written under the supervision of a member of the department faculty. The thesis must be a minimum of 10 pages, using the APA citation form, and of B+ quality or better.
- A maximum of two courses can overlap with a student’s major, other minor or program
Total Credit Hours: 18
Last Updated: 8/16/16