- Undergraduate students can save up to $10,000 in tuition and fees by*:
- Graduate non-degree students receive up to $5,500 in scholarship awards that covers tuition, technology
- Students completing the program receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Apply credits earned in the NYPD Leadership Program toward a Bachelor's or Master's degree program at John Jay College (click here to learn more).
The NYPD Leadership Program courses meet once a week on Fridays at John Jay College. Courses are offered during morning, afternoon and evening periods in the fall and spring semesters. Please refer to the NYPD Leadership Course Outline for detailed course information. Click here to view the current schedule.
All active NYPD UMOS police officers and supervisors of any ranking are eligible for the NYPD Leadership Program.
Important Note: Retired NYPD Uniformed Members of the Service, are encouraged to apply to the In-service Program. All other agencies, including NYPD civilians (i.e. school safety agent, traffic enforcement agent, etc.) are encouraged to visit the Undergraduate Admissions Prospective Students page.
- Completed online application.
$70 application fee (undergraduate students) check or money order, payable to CUNY/UAPC). Military veterans may provide their DD form 214 to waive their application fee. Graduate non-degree students and returning students are not required to submit an application fee.
All post-secondary transcripts, including NYPD Training Academy. Graduate non-degree students are required to provide an official transcript with proof of graduation OR providing their diploma by scheduling an appointment.