All APPLE Corps participants receive the following support to accelerate college completion and prepare for a career:
- Receive a generous stipend each of the first two years of college to allow you to attend College as a full-time student.
- Be paid for summer community service and internship work so that you can focus on completing these valuable experiences.
Peer and academic program support
- A dedicated staff provides advisement throughout the entire program.
- Assistance from peer mentors is provided as well as access to special events such as employer guest speakers.
Professional and community service experience
- Participate in work on the front lines of crime prevention and public safety.
- Through firsthand exposure, develop practical skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, and dispute resolution.
- Gain job search and on-the-job skills that are desired by a wide-range of employers - no matter what career path you pursue.
In addition to gaining work experience over the summers throughout the program, earn academic credit that counts towards degree requirements and helps you stay on track for graduation.