Award Closeout Process
In order to make the reporting and closeout process as smooth as possible, please follow the closeout steps listed below. You are welcome to meet with Manelle Pyronneau in the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to review your account and the closeout process. You may contact Manelle Pyronneau at 646-557-4867 or email@example.com.
Final Financial and Progress reporting are usually due within 30 days of the project end date.
- Final Financial Reports require the PI to do the following immediately after the award end date, so that your Research Foundation Project Administrator can prepare the Final Financial Report on your behalf in a timely manner:
- Please submit all expenses incurred within your grant budget dates for payment immediately.
- Make sure that all encumbrances are paid out and cleared (payroll: timesheets submitted and remaining encumbrances terminated; & OTPS: payment requests submitted with invoices marked final).
- Advances (travel, petty cash, etc.) and P-card charges should be fully accounted for and cleared.
- Final Progress and Technical Reports should be submitted to the sponsor as instructed in your grant/contract agreement and to OSP. Most federal sponsors have grants management systems (e.g. DOJ, NSF, NIH, etc.) that require the grants office to approve and sometimes upload reports on the PI’s behalf. Please submit the complete report to OSP at least five business days prior to the deadline to ensure timely submission to the sponsor. If submitting on your own directly to the sponsor, please cc OSP and provide a copy of the report(s) for our records.
- No-Cost Extension: If you choose to request a no-cost extension, please contact John Jay’s Office of Sponsored Programs and the Sponsor immediately with your request. Sponsors require that the request be made and justified before the grant end date (often at least one month before the end date).
- Other Requirements: Other more specific closeout requirements are sometimes requested by the sponsor, if so, the Grants Manager will contact the PI with those requests, beforehand.